• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Yasko results?

Hello,

I am very new here.. just wondering if anyone can help me with my Yasko results.

I am starting to understand a little but not quite sure where to start.

I have attached my results.

Gene Name Variation Result Call
COMT V158M +/- Hetero
COMT H62H +/- Hetero
COMT 61 -/- G
VDR Taq Tt Hetero
VDR Fok FF C
MAO A R297R +/- Hetero
ACAT 1-02 -/- G
MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero
MTHFR 3 -/- C
MTHFR A1298C -/- A
MTR A2756G -/- A
MTRR A66G -/- A
MTRR H595Y -/- C
MTRR K350A -/- A
MTRR R415T +/- Hetero
MTRR S257T +/- Hetero
MTRR 11 -/- G
BHMT 1 +/- Hetero
BHMT 2 +/- Hetero
BHMT 4 +/- Hetero
BHMT 8 +/- Hetero
AHCY 1 -/- A
AHCY 2 -/- T
AHCY 19 -/- A
CBS C699T +/- Hetero
CBS A360A +/- Hetero
CBS N212N -/- C
SUOX S370S -/- No Support Needed
SHMT C1420T -/- G
NOS D298E -/- G

My problem is hashimotos, I take thyroxine but hate it.. I feel ok.. but when I exercise I crash.. (probably adrenals). I have had hair test.. heavy metals are pretty good. but lithium low. My biggest problem is sore neck, shoulder and pain in the middle of my back.. Had xrays showing nothing wrong. not gall bladder.. pain is constant .... and debilitating.

B12 is supposed to be within normal range (slightly high). vitamin D is low. Iron and ferritin low. blood sugars good. I have been on Paleo (wasnt good for me felt terrible) vegetarian again not well. Gluten free for years but made no difference. Now I just eat fresh as possible..

Thanks for any imput.

Oh! I have a problem tolerating supps. I just take vitamin C at present.

cheers
C

Gene Name Variation Result Call
COMT H62H +/- Hetero
VDR Taq Tt Hetero
MAO A R297R +/- Hetero
MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero
MTRR R415T +/- Hetero
MTRR S257T +/- Hetero
BHMT 1 +/- Hetero
BHMT 2 +/- Hetero
BHMT 4 +/- Hetero
BHMT 8 +/- Hetero
CBS C699T +/- Hetero
Your COMT, MAOA, and VDR might a bit on the slow side. This could mean that you have a limited tolerance for methyl groups.

MTHFR C677T heterozygous means your folate production is running at about 65% of normal. Methylfolate supplementation is probably needed.

MTRR R415T may mean you need some B12 supplementation. The other MTRR doesn't have any research showing that it has any impact on gene function. Due to slow COMT, MAOA, and VDR, hydroxoB12 might be safer than methylB12.

The first three BHMT SNPs have no research showing that they're relevant to gene functioning. BHMT 8 is relevant, but is reported backwards - the risk is associated with CC genotype only.

CBS C699T indicates a slight downregulation when heterozygous. It can result in elevated homocysteine, and is typically treated with B6.

SUMMARY:
You probably need methylfolate supplementation, and hydroxoB12 and B6 might help as well. With your low vitamin D levels, combined with slow VDR, supplementing vitamin D is probably a good idea, as it can help with both problems.

Thank you so much for your reply. :) It is interesting re the B6, as Yasko suggested I limit B6? this is where I get confused sometimes... Your right re the methylB12, I am unable to tolerate it also with methyl folate.. feel awful.. I can take a small amount of hydroxb12 but only tiny amounts one or twice a week or I feel heady, foggy etc. thanks again.

Thank you so much for your reply. :) It is interesting re the B6, as Yasko suggested I limit B6? this is where I get confused sometimes... Your right re the methylB12, I am unable to tolerate it also with methyl folate.. feel awful.. I can take a small amount of hydroxb12 but only tiny amounts one or twice a week or I feel heady, foggy etc. thanks again.
Yeah, she probably suggests that because she believes that a pretty normal CBS gene in humans is somehow hogging all the homocysteine and causing super low levels. B6 helps lower homocysteine via the cystathionine pathway, hence she probably thinks it's bad. But she's wrong on both counts.

Thanks again... ugh.. that is disappointing...Re your summary (which I appreciate btw at least someone has tried to help me more than Yasko's list of supps which is ridiculous.. .. I have tried vit d, methyl folate and hydrox B ALL make me feel like death... oh and a small amount of lithium before the b12.. Do you about the Yasko's ''All in one"? or would I be wasting my time on tht too :(

concepcion

Hi Cookie27. We just received results on the nutrigenomic test also and were very disappointed. We have ordered a number of the other tests and hoping that a more individually tailored report will come in with those.

Thanks again... ugh.. that is disappointing...Re your summary (which I appreciate btw at least someone has tried to help me more than Yasko's list of supps which is ridiculous.. .. I have tried vit d, methyl folate and hydrox B ALL make me feel like death... oh and a small amount of lithium before the b12.. Do you about the Yasko's ''All in one"? or would I be wasting my time on tht too :(
I think I tried that couple years ago when starting on a methylation protocol - it didn't have any impact that I noticed, and the doses are quite small and expensive. If money's at all an issue, you can probably get a regular high-quality multi-vitamin for much less.

Maybe your D/folate/B12 tolerance might go better if you try some of the B6 first. If homocysteine is too high, I suppose it's possible that too much is getting converted at once when going straight to folate and B12.

I think I tried that couple years ago when starting on a methylation protocol - it didn't have any impact that I noticed, and the doses are quite small and expensive. If money's at all an issue, you can probably get a regular high-quality multi-vitamin for much less.

Maybe your D/folate/B12 tolerance might go better if you try some of the B6 first. If homocysteine is too high, I suppose it's possible that too much is getting converted at once when going straight to folate and B12.[/q

The All in One has only just come out so I doubt you have tried it... My homocysteine levels are good (mid level range) I have tried B6, I felt like death!!! so I will stay away.. Hydroxy B12 makes me feel awful.. Lithium orotate is working well for me. I think I will just take things slowly... small amounts can send me to hell!! Thanks for your imput but I guess I will have to work it out...

Hi Cookie27. We just received results on the nutrigenomic test also and were very disappointed. We have ordered a number of the other tests and hoping that a more individually tailored report will come in with those.

Why were you disappointed? if you dont mind me asking....

concepcion

The information is generic. My daughter has no +/+ but 11 x +/- , so it would have been good to have an explanation of the possible implications for her. There are individual explanations for each gene, but not what the whole picture could possibly add up to.

The information is generic. My daughter has no +/+ but 11 x +/- , so it would have been good to have an explanation of the possible implications for her. There are individual explanations for each gene, but not what the whole picture could possibly add up to.

Yes, I hear what your saying.. I am the same.. as you can see I have 13 but no homo. I was left with, what now? I tried to go through a doctor for a consult but cannot find anyone.. I am just starting with Lithium Orotate now until I can find someone.. I made the mistake of taking hydroxy b after a week of Lithium and I felt like death! I did go very slow but ugh.. I looked at all the supps and went OMG no way.. I thought we would get more help too.

alice111

Yes, I hear what your saying.. I am the same.. as you can see I have 13 but no homo. I was left with, what now? I tried to go through a doctor for a consult but cannot find anyone.. I am just starting with Lithium Orotate now until I can find someone.. I made the mistake of taking hydroxy b after a week of Lithium and I felt like death! I did go very slow but ugh.. I looked at all the supps and went OMG no way.. I thought we would get more help too.
Me too. That's why we paid the mucho extra $$$ for this test over the 23andme. Will hopefully figure it out. I will post here if I find anything relevant.

Cheers I will to...

I will say the Lithium is really good for me so far.. Feel much more calm and sleep better... so I guess thats something for starters..

C

r
Me too. That's why we paid the mucho extra $$$ for this test over the 23andme. Will hopefully figure it out. I will post here if I find anything relevant.