• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nexavir and 4ME

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anyone have experience with both Nexavir (or Biopressin) and 4ME? I'm interested to hear whether you respond in the same way to both or not.

Thanks.

I've only taken Nexavir but I'm told that the only differences are packaging (Nexavir is in a rubber topped vial) and that 4 ME has less phenol as a preservative.

Sushi

snowathlete

Has anyone looked into cheaper alternatives?
I mean, it's just a concentrated liver extract right? I figure there has to be a cheaper option and right now 4ME is making up the bulk of my treatment costs.

I found this componder in the US who produce a liver extract. I have no idea how it's made, what quality or strength it would be, and I'm sure there must be other sources for similar products. Anyone tried any or thought about it?
http://www.thecompounder.com/alternative-treatments/multiple-sclerosis/liver-a-thiamine-injections

Daffodil

i also don't like having to pay this much for 4ME or even Nexavir. i dont think the 4ME is helping me at all, and the nexavir helped a tiny bit, then stopped..when i did it years ago. the 4ME people sent me a bunch of expired packs too, saying they guarantee them for 6 months after expiry.

i am thinking of asking if i can stop taking the 4ME or maybe take it every other day (which i am doing now anyway). i am supposed to take it daily.