• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Survey on NHS Constitution - for UK users

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I've just been notified of this survey. Oddly, when I clicked on the link it said that it was 50% complete - not sure if I did some of it before or whether it's just an oddity of the survey. There was just one longish page of questions to complete, at least when I did it just now.

Survey on the Impact of the NHS Constitution

The NHS Constitution Team at the Department of Health is exploring how the NHS
Constitution can be given greater impact, with a specific focus on ensuring patients are able to get their rights. To help with this work, they are interested in finding out from you which of the rights set out in the NHS Constitution are most important to you.

The NHS Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled, and pledges which the NHS is committed to achieve, together with responsibilities which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively.

The short survey runs for or four weeks, finishing on 16 August.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HP7FSQS

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I've just been notified of this survey. Oddly, when I clicked on the link it said that it was 50% complete - not sure if I did some of it before or whether it's just an oddity of the survey. There was just one longish page of questions to complete, at least when I did it just now.

Constitution can be given greater impact, with a specific focus on ensuring patients are able to get their rights. To help with this work, they are interested in finding out from you which of the rights set out in the NHS Constitution are most important to you.

The NHS Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled, and pledges which the NHS is committed to achieve, together with responsibilities which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively.

Done, thanks - same here, weird 50% thing.

golden

Done ! thanks.

put 13- right to deny treatment as most important ( thinking CBT Anti depressants)

Firestormm

This is really weird. Looking on Google I can only see it's been publicised in the North-east and Lincoln by the NHS. What I mean is there seems to be nothing on NHS Choices about it - in the constitution section; and no national announcement. Maybe it's a limited area survey? But that makes no sense.

Anyway. I done it Miss :)

Of course it helps greatly if you have read the constitution. And I ain't I am afraid. Didn't even know there was one :redface:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This is really weird. Looking on Google I can only see it's been publicised in the North-east and Lincoln by the NHS. What I mean is there seems to be nothing on NHS Choices about it - in the constitution section; and no national announcement. Maybe it's a limited area survey? But that makes no sense.

Anyway. I done it Miss :)

Of course it helps greatly if you have read the constitution. And I ain't I am afraid. Didn't even know there was one :redface:

Yer tiz (that's South-West UK dialect in case anyone is puzzled):

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/NHSConstitution/Pages/Overview.aspx

peggy-sue

I got sent this survey - but I'm in Scotland, so my comment/opinion are not relevant. We have a "different" NHS here.

peggy-sue

Well, we do have free prescriptions, and no forced CBT & GET, but no ME services at all and gps have the choice of using NICE or doing some proper research. Guess what they default to? :rolleyes: