• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried SAMe who have CBS upregulation?

Bdeep86

I am needing a methylation shortcut, and I have issues with acetylcholine and cortisol so its hard for me to use the choline based recommendations. However, I have bad issues with CBS, I have heard that SAM can effect CBS doesn't anyone know if SAMe supplements aggravate CBS issues?

Bdeep86

TMG seems to give me low cortisol symptoms and I don't feel that great on it so I am thinking to try some SAMe

UM MAN

I take 200mg of SAMe around 8pm. I feel like it improved my sleep.
400mg of SAMe interfered with my getting to sleep. I'm a freak..

ahmo

Bdeep86, I had reactions to both SAMe and NAC before I knew anything about CBS and sulfur issues, or about methylation. Both of these supps were excitotoxins for me. ahmo

Critterina

Bdeep86, I had reactions to both SAMe and NAC before I knew anything about CBS and sulfur issues, or about methylation. Both of these supps were excitotoxins for me. ahmo
ahmo,
Do you mind saying what kind of reactions? I'm trying to figure out what symptoms go with what problems. I've been on Me, NAC, and ALA up until finding I'm CBS.

ahmo

ahmo,
Do you mind saying what kind of reactions? I'm trying to figure out what symptoms go with what problems. I've been on Me, NAC, and ALA up until finding I'm CBS.
At that time I got very twitchy, anxious/agitated. And I see now that I was already overflowing with thiols. These days when I get too much sulfur I have an eczema flare.

Critterina

At that time I got very twitchy, anxious/agitated. And I see now that I was already overflowing with thiols. These days when I get too much sulfur I have an eczema flare.

Thanks. I got the eczema flare, too, every time I drank red wine. And recently, too, after 3 months of Me and NAC. Not twitchy, though. Liver area has been achier and belly slightly distended; I was trying to pin that to sulfur. Maybe not.