• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Merry Christmas!

MEKoan

Avocado Mousse or "Choco-mole"

Healthy, easy, delicious desert

2 large avocados
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
*sweetener to taste (stevia, xylitol, maybe agave)
*vanilla extract to taste

process it all, keep 15 min in the fridge and ready!

*Optional

This is so radical! And, sounds delicious!

Yum!

Andrew

How on earth did I ever miss that movie.

MERRY ANDREW!

merry-andrew-400.jpg

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I am going to definitely try this:

Avocado Mousse or "Choco-mole"

Healthy, easy, delicious desert

2 large avocados
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
*sweetener to taste (stevia, xylitol, maybe agave)
*vanilla extract to taste

process it all, keep 15 min in the fridge and ready!

*Optional

except I'll use carob since chocolate tears my stomach up.

I roasted my first Turkey yesterday, I wish I had a picture - I was so worried about getting all the beasties out that
I cooked the hell out of it actually. I kept jabbing the meat thermometer in different places - it kept going below 180 so I just kept cooking away. It looks like Turkey jerky from the outside but tastes good. I like tough, stringy meat anyway actually.

I'm thinking of Soy Ice Cream with nut butter, bananas and some liquor on top for desert....ummmm

and Soy Egg Nog.

Martlet

I roasted my first Turkey yesterday, I wish I had a picture - I was so worried about getting all the beasties out that I cooked the hell out of it actually. I kept jabbing the meat thermometer in different places - it kept going below 180 so I just kept cooking away.

I read today that the FDA has lowered the necessary temperature to 165 degrees F. Seems beasties can't survive that for more than thirty seconds. I must admit that today's turkey was nicer. For a start, I could slice it instead of having the meat fall off the bone. But I still wondered about it.

And I too will be trying the Avocado Mousse, but definitely with cocoa. Odd thing is that I could take chocolate or leave it until I developed ME/CFS, but now get cravings for it. :D

Finch

Down With the Sickness
It's so nice to stop by and see everyone who's been here and all the nice greetings and gifties of photos and recipes and music and funnies!

One more time:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!