• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lipkin and montoya studies??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
They're still ongoing, and not much news, as far as I am aware.
i wonder if there is a finish time for these studies.
Also wonder why its taking so long, is it because they cant get enough people in the study or held up somewhere else??

cheers!!!

Bob

i wonder if there is a finish time for these studies.
Also wonder why its taking so long, is it because they cant get enough people in the study or held up somewhere else??

cheers!!!

I'm not up to speed with Montoya's study. But Mady Hornig's study (working with/for Lipkin) is ongoing because it's complex and open-ended. If they don't find meaningful results in the early tests, then they are expanding the study. My understanding is that it is a huge complex open-ended study. The last I heard was that Mady Hornig said that they might have found something interesting (I think she was referring to a pathogen), but it was too early to know for sure.
I haven't come across any detailed information of the work that they've carried out so far. And I don't know exactly what studies they are carrying out.

heapsreal

griffith uni on the gold coast australia are still looking for more people to do their study as long as they live no more then an hour away or there abouts.

Simon

Whats happen to these pathogen studies that both these guys were doing plus a follow up with more info on the valcyte study?:confused:
The Mady Hornig (& Lipkin) study has completed the first stage and results are due to be published later this year. The study looks for known and unknown pathogens, but also looks more indirectly at markers of immune activation and oxidative stress. Article about the study here, and update from the IiME conference here

Firestormm

Whats happen to these pathogen studies that both these guys were doing plus a follow up with more info on the valcyte study?:confused:

You also mentioned Montoya in your title? Well the press release I just posted 2 minutes ago includes his name in connection with a study just published. Was this one of the things you thought he was working on? Or did you mean Lipkin and Montoya? :)

heapsreal

You also mentioned Montoya in your title? Well the press release I just posted 2 minutes ago includes his name in connection with a study just published. Was this one of the things you thought he was working on? Or did you mean Lipkin and Montoya? :)
I thought they were both working on different pathogen studies plus montoya with the valcyte study?
Thanks for that link, cheers!!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I thought they were both working on different pathogen studies plus montoya with the valcyte study?
Thanks for that link, cheers!!

Montoya did an RCT on high-IgG HHV-6 PWME with Valcyte - results in the video I linked to.

Dufresne

almost there...
This process of sequencing all genetic material in a sample, subtracting all the human DNA, and organizing the remaining into possible pathogens; how much would this cost?

I’m quite sure I’ve something that should be looked into. I’d just like to know if I can afford to do this privately, if that’s even possible, or if I’d have to interest one of these research projects in it.