• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Merry Christmas!

MEKoan

518VAV0XH4L._SS500__.jpg

K

_Kim_

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting! I grew up in Louisiana and love Aaron Neville. Before the Jazz Festival in N.O. got so big (many years ago), you could get so close to the stage that you could actually reach out and touch him when he was singing at the mike - not that I would do that!:)

Happy Happy Christmas,

Maxine

I saw the Neville Brothers many times in concert - always a great performance! I'm so glad you got a nice reminder of your Louisiana roots. (Visions of young Maxine boogieing in front of the stage). Here's another one that you might like. :)

Aaron Neville - Ave Maria Louisiana Christmas Concert with Linda Ronstadt

Hysterical Woman

K

_Kim_

Ah, yes, Kim, I remember those days fondly! Thanks for the great links! Did you see the Neville Brothers in New Orleans or elsewhere?

Maxine

Sadly, I've never been to New Orleans. In my hippie days, I traveled all around to see the Grateful Dead and the Nevilles often opened for them. One of the best was a New Years Eve concert in Oakland California - was that 1987 or 1988? Good times! I also remember a great concert with the Nevilles and Bonnie Raitt.

Speaking of B.R. - here's a goodie - a duet with Charles Brown

Charles Brown & Bonnie Raitt - Merry Christmas Baby [1992]