• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A New Dynamic

slayadragon

Here is a new not-for-profit Facebook page designed to share and discuss new media and medical journal articles relevant to the development of neuroimmune illnesses such as ME/CFS. A more detailed description follows.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-New-Dynamic/197724133726045

During the past 50 years, the world has become infinitely more toxic in thousands of different ways. It thus is difficult to pick out a single toxin that may be responsible for any particular disease or for neurological or immune system disease in general. The list of suspects is long and it is possible that many different factors may be working together to cause illness.

“A New Dynamic” is a project designed to explore how various toxins may be acting individually, in combination with one another or synergistically with particular pathogens to cause disease. Some of the toxins that appear to be especially relevant to this illness dynamic include the following:

* Mold and Bacteria Biotoxins (including those present in buildings, outdoors and in food)
* Aquatic Biotoxins (including those made by cyanobacteria and diatoms)
* Fire Retardants (including PBDE’s)
* Herbicides (including Roundup)
* Pesticides (including neocontinoids and organophosphates)
* Radiation (such as from power plants, military operations, scanners, Wi-Fi and cell phones)
* Industrial Chemicals (including solvents such as TCE and toulene)
* Heavy Metals (including mercury, lead, arsenic, aluminum, silver iodide and uranium)
* Dysbiosis Inducers (including antibiotics and chlorine)
* Industrialized Food (including GMO’s and modern wheat)
* Nanoparticles (including those used for industrial as well as consumer purposes)
* Sewage (including the wide range of toxins present in it)

Some of the apparently opportunistic pathogens that seem to have the potential of playing a role many modern diseases include Herpes family viruses (including HHV6, EBV, CMV, Herpes Zoster and HSV); Parvovirus B19; Coxiella burnetii; various enteroviruses and enterobacteria (including C. difficile and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria); certain strains of Streptococcus and Staphylococcus bacteria; Borrelia (causal of Lyme Disease); Bartonella; many fungal infections (including Cryptococcus, Aspergillus, Candida and the Valley Fever pathogen Coccidioides); Chlamydophila pneumoniae; Mycoplasma; various parasites (including Toxoplasma gondii, Babesia, Blastocystis and intestinal worms); and several others. Many of these pathogens make toxins themselves, contributing to the extent to which the bodies of people and animals infected by them are poisoned.

Discussion of media articles and medical journal articles relating to these topics is the focus of the Facebook page "A New Dynamic."

The goal of the discussion is to move toward the publication of a book discussing each of these toxins and their interrelationshps with one another as well as with pathogens, to be written in the style of Michael Pollan’s “The Omnivore’s Dilemma.”

Please join us!

Sincerely,

Lisa Petrison, Ph.D.

Allyson

Here is a new not-for-profit Facebook page designed to share and discuss new media and medical journal articles relevant to the development of neuroimmune illnesses such as ME/CFS. A more detailed description follows.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-New-Dynamic/197724133726045

During the past 50 years, the world has become infinitely more toxic in thousands of different ways. It thus is difficult to pick out a single toxin that may be responsible for any particular disease or for neurological or immune system disease in general. The list of suspects is long and it is possible that many different factors may be working together to cause illness.

Some of the apparently opportunistic pathogens that seem to have the potential of playing a role many modern diseases include Herpes family viruses (including HHV6, EBV, CMV, Herpes Zoster and HSV); Parvovirus B19; Coxiella burnetii; various enteroviruses and enterobacteria (including C. difficile and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria); certain strains of Streptococcus and Staphylococcus bacteria; Borrelia (causal of Lyme Disease); Bartonella; many fungal infections (including Cryptococcus, Aspergillus, Candida and the Valley Fever pathogen Coccidioides); Chlamydophila pneumoniae; Mycoplasma; various parasites (including Toxoplasma gondii, Babesia, Blastocystis and intestinal worms); and several others. Many of these pathogens make toxins themselves, contributing to the extent to which the bodies of people and animals infected by them are poisoned.

Thanks for the interesting info slayadragon.

I do see facebook as opening up lots of great communication and lobbying opportunities for us as well.

One way that housebound people can run a revolution,

Ally

slayadragon

How about plastics? They are omnipresent now and frequently contain nasty chemicals, but seem to be absent from the list unless they are included under industrial chemicals.

I've read a bit about plastics and agree that they are really undesirable. I try to avoid them myself. It's hard to make a comprehensive list that includes all toxins that are really bad for us! I've focused on plastics less because they have seemed to me less directly tied to the phenomenon of this particular illness paradigm, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing a role too. This is quite a witch's brew we've cooked up.