• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

About to start Rx Klinghardt parasite protocol...Any input?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
tyson oberle

I've had many types of parasite testing and the only type that really seemed reliable was done by a parasitologist who took a scraping from the wall of the rectum and had it analyzed by a lab. He also then did blood tests looking for markers for parasite infections. He treated me with several drugs and then tested again one and two months later--both analyzing scrapings and blood tests--to check for all stages of the parasite's life.

He said that parasites live attached to the wall of the rectum (and intestines I'd guess) and it is only chance if you find them in stool samples.

Sushi

tyson oberle

tyson oberle

I've had many types of parasite testing and the only type that really seemed reliable was done by a parasitologist who took a scraping from the wall of the rectum and had it analyzed by a lab. He also then did blood tests looking for markers for parasite infections. He treated me with several drugs and then tested again one and two months later--both analyzing scrapings and blood tests--to check for all stages of the parasite's life.

He said that parasites live attached to the wall of the rectum (and intestines I'd guess) and it is only chance if you find them in stool samples.

Sushi
Why aren't we getting tested by scraping the wall of the rectum and who can do that? Do we need to find a parasitologist? Sushi after the drugs and the retesting one and two months later, where any parasites still found? If none were found, did you feel significantly better?

Sushi

Why aren't we getting tested by scraping the wall of the rectum and who can do that? Do we need to find a parasitologist? Sushi after the drugs and the retesting one and two months later, where any parasites still found? If none were found, did you feel significantly better?

I don't know why more doctors don't do this--it is quick, simple, and painless.

No, no more parasites were found after the treatment and the blood tests normalized. I felt better only in the realm of gastric symptoms--I didn't notice any change in general health.

Sushi

end

tyson oberle

Sushi

Sushi what bloods did Dr Cahill have you do?

What species did the sigmoidoscopy uncover?

Sushi

Sushi what bloods did Dr Cahill have you do?

What species did the sigmoidoscopy uncover?

Hi,

Let's see....blood tests--Hemogram--CBC. Auto Differential: Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils, & Sed rate.

It wasn't a sigmoidoscopy, just a scraping from the lower bowel--no special equipment. It found: E histolytica cysts & trophs, T.Trichuris, and pus.

Charming!
Sushi

end

Hi,

Let's see....blood tests--Hemogram--CBC. Auto Differential: Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils, & Sed rate.

It wasn't a sigmoidoscopy, just a scraping from the lower bowel--no special equipment. It found: E histolytica cysts & trophs, T.Trichuris, and pus.

Charming!
Sushi

Sushi

What med cocktail and dose did he use for the EH?

I have heard his Paro portion of his protocol is to low for EH

sianrecovery

There is a good discussion of parasite testing at the pptu parasite forum.

I have now got the ingredients of the CDD triple cocktail in the cupboard, but am still holding off for a while. There are a number of papers on pub med on blasto's pathogenicity or not which are worth reading. I'm doing some herbal stuff with biofilm enyzmes thrown in for a bit.

Sushi

Sushi

What med cocktail and dose did he use for the EH?

I have heard his Paro portion of his protocol is to low for EH

He gave me Vermox BID x 3 (I think this was for the T. Trichuris though) and Humadin 250 m TID x 10 and Doxycyline BID x 10.

It worked!

Sushi

tyson oberle

I don't know why more doctors don't do this--it is quick, simple, and painless.

No, no more parasites were found after the treatment and the blood tests normalized. I felt better only in the realm of gastric symptoms--I didn't notice any change in general health.

Sushi
What gastric symptoms did you have and how much of an improvement in gastric symptoms did you get?

Sushi

What gastric symptoms did you have and how much of an improvement in gastric symptoms did you get?

It was years ago so I don't remember more than extreme gastric distress! It cleared up totally with treatment. But there are all sorts of reasons for gastric distress--this worked because I had parasites.

Sushi

end

He gave me Vermox BID x 3 (I think this was for the T. Trichuris though) and Humadin 250 m TID x 10 and Doxycyline BID x 10.

It worked!

Sushi

Humadin 250 - doesn't seem to be much info for this drug?

end

What is the best way to know if you have parasites? And how do you know when you don't have anymore? Is there a special test? Metametrix's statement, "taxonomy unavailable finding likely indicates an ingested protozoan and not a human parasite. It does not indicate treatment unless patient symptoms and other inflammatory markers are consistent with parasite infection", doesn't seem very convincing to me. How do we know if the "symptoms" or "inflammatory markers" aren't from enteroviruses, leaky gut, bad bacteria, sibo, etc.

Testing is almost a waste of time, detection rates are very very low. There up to 1000 different parasites that can make "our body home" and only 40 - 50 have been medically identified http://www.dreddyclinic.com/ayurvedic/ayu_parasite_protocol.htm (Have read similar else where)that may also explain why Metametrix comes up with so many PPTU indications?

Unless you approach Cahill or Simon Yu for testing your odds on detection like said, are low. But even then, things are not always 100% reliable.

I am defiantly going to treat my PPTU with the above protocol and feel anyone with that finding via Metametrix should do the same. The botanicals I recently tryed help, specific diets do to, but I feel those two approaches on there own will take to long...

I am about to organise Enteroviral specimens that are being sent to Dr Chia and suspect between EV and Parasite infections form the cause of my CFS/ME.

The severe Leaky Gut pathology results, stressed phase 1 and 2 findings, very low sIgA support my thoughts

Any more feed back in regards to the above protocol and definition on the Ivermectin dosage, would be great

end

Hey Lamp,

this is on my to-do list. I'll probably do it in the new year, I'm still gathering notes whilst waiting for the meds.
I think that Ivermectin dosage is too high (typo?) the usual dosage 12mg a day for a normal adult.
The only thoughts I have is that at the same time, I'll probably take some liver support supps as well as some biofilm breaking stuff which I have not decided yet, though the Biltricide is supposed to help with that.

Xrunner did you do his protocol, what dose of the ivermectin did you settle on? I'm thinking it's more like 12mg a day as well? 48mg a day sounds wrong and way to expensive.....