• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thiamine - with Methylation Issues

PennyIA

I was reading the Thiamine Deficiency thread over in general treatment and got to wondering about it. I'm on an ever-increasing L-5 methyl-folate treatment, along with dozens of other supplements including methyl-B12 sublinguals, P-5-P, etc. I was seeing very significant improvements for about two months, and then started to slightly backslide. Another increase in L-5 MTHF; helped initially.

I'm coming off a rough week though and was thinking about seeing if maybe all this increasing the one B vitamin might be causing inbalance issues and if Folate and Thiamine are competitors - it might be worth adding Thiamine to my routine.

Does anyone know of any issues with 'type' of Thiamine to take when factoring in methylation issues? I'm asking because I'm pretty darn sure that when I blindly followed doctors orders to take Folic Acid, B6, and B12 is what actually started my health decline. Now that I know that forms of B vitamins matter to us with methylation issues - I won't EVER just throw a B vitamin into my diet without a little digging first. I haven't found anything in any of the recommendations I'm seeing on various sights.... mthfr.net, heartfixer, yasko, etc. But head fuzziness could be interfering.

Freddd

I was reading the Thiamine Deficiency thread over in general treatment and got to wondering about it. I'm on an ever-increasing L-5 methyl-folate treatment, along with dozens of other supplements including methyl-B12 sublinguals, P-5-P, etc. I was seeing very significant improvements for about two months, and then started to slightly backslide. Another increase in L-5 MTHF; helped initially.

I'm coming off a rough week though and was thinking about seeing if maybe all this increasing the one B vitamin might be causing inbalance issues and if Folate and Thiamine are competitors - it might be worth adding Thiamine to my routine.

Does anyone know of any issues with 'type' of Thiamine to take when factoring in methylation issues? I'm asking because I'm pretty darn sure that when I blindly followed doctors orders to take Folic Acid, B6, and B12 is what actually started my health decline. Now that I know that forms of B vitamins matter to us with methylation issues - I won't EVER just throw a B vitamin into my diet without a little digging first. I haven't found anything in any of the recommendations I'm seeing on various sights.... mthfr.net, heartfixer, yasko, etc. But head fuzziness could be interfering.

Hi PennyA,

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/getting-back-to-balance.24134/

This is where I am going to be talking about this B-vitamin balance thing. I found that excess B1, B2, B3 at least cause loss of healing effectiveness and cause appearance or worsening of certain symptoms. The problem is that with most all of the vitamin research being done with CyCbl and folic acid, nobody really knows how potent these vitamins can be or how much is too much or correct balance in the presence of enough of AdoCbl, MeCbl, methylfolate and L-carnitine fumarate which enable methylation and ATP generation.