• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant

sandy10m

One day at a time
Hi everyone,
I still have not received the Larrea RX, but I did receive the Arizona Larrea capsules and started taking them on Sat. I went hiking for 5 hours (off and on) on that day, and I expected to feel pretty bad because that's what usually happens when I hike that much. I did feel bad during the hike, after the first 3.5 hours, with my muscles arguing with me, but strangely enough I didn't feel really sore and stiff later in the day or the next morning. And I didn't have an energy crash. That has never happened before taking the Larrea. I know that Larrea is an anti-inflammatory as well as an EBV/herpes virus fighter, but I never expected that much of a difference. Today (Mon) I was a bit tired, but that might be from the lack of other things, since this week is my week off from all the IVs, including the antibiotics, the glutathione, and the phosphatidyl-choline. Or, it might be from some kind of mild herx from the Larrea. I can't tell. But, I thought I would update you folks on that news. I hope everyone is well.

sandy10m

One day at a time
I forgot to mention that my doctor doesn't think that the Equilibrant is helping me because I never had any effects from it. So, I'm only going to take it until my supply runs out, which will be about a total of 8 weeks overall at the max dose of 3 pills twice a day. I started posting on the Larrea Tridentata blog now, so I'll probably continue my adventure on that blog.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks for posting your experiences, always interesting to hear - sorry to hear the equilibrant hasn't worked.

Adlyfrost

I posted a few months ago about some strange reactions I had from equilibrant. I had tried it for a month and toward the end I was experiencing crazy panic attacks only at night and eventually all night insomnia too. It was as if I took 3 cups of expresso before bed by just taking 3 tabs in the morning. However, as a result of my month trial my ears cleared up, I had ZERO muscle pain (I felt like I had a new back), and my body temp felt normal- no more chills or low grade fevers. All that was left of my CFS was weakness, fatigue and awful nausea that I attributed to parasites. Not long after I went off it I got a horrible virus and have been fighting over a month. So two weeks ago I decided to give equilibrant another go at 1/16 a tablet per day. After seven days I had another horrible all night panic attack but decided not to give up. After a couple days I started back at 1/16 tab every other day and am gradually increasing my dose. I have ceased taking other immune-modulators on equilibrant days (such as Kutaja, oregano oil, etc.) and am hoping to have better success with the panic attacks. I still have a horrible sore throat I can't get rid of and am thinking of taking azithromycin. Should I temporarily stop equilibrant while taking azithromycin since it is an immune-modulator? Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Adlyfrost

Question: Should I temporarily stop equilibrant while taking azithromycin since it is an immune-modulator?

Adlyfrost

Found out that Equilibrant and azithromycin interactions have not been studied and was advised by Equilibrant product website contact to suspend my dosage until I finish the z pac. I will definitely resume however when I finish because on this low dosage I feel myself evening out- esp. as far as my crashes are concerned. My highs are not as high but my lows are not as low. I think the trick is being VERY PATIENT and realizing Equilibrant is not a cure all. I still take lots of other supplements because CFS affects the body systemically and Equilibrant is mainly just to balance T1/T2 so the virus stops replicating. I still take extra Astragulus, vits/mins, herbs to calm my nervous system, extra healthy mostly raw diet, and lots of walking when I am able and a moderate climate is essential. All is helping and I have great faith in Equilibrant to eventually help my body get the viruses under control. Will keep everyone posted. In the meantime I'm really enjoying the anti-viral, immune-stimulating affects of the z-pac.

Adlyfrost

That is great news PGHCFS!!! That really gives me a lot of hope. I am up to 3/4 tab every other day and doing well but making very slow progress- I have been back on it for about 2 months now. I am so sensitive that I have to go really slow and sometimes wonder if I am just spinning my wheels. Nice to know that sticking with equilibrant has really paid off for you! :)

Gypsy

Does anyone know if there are any coupon codes/ discounts for Equilibrant? There is a box to enter a coupon code @ checkout on the Equilibrant site. Just thought I'd ask, anything to save a few bucks helps!! Thanks.

Does anyone know if there are any coupon codes/ discounts for Equilibrant? There is a box to enter a coupon code @ checkout on the Equilibrant site. Just thought I'd ask, anything to save a few bucks helps!! Thanks.
I emailed them and they gave me free shipping, but I was ordering multiple boxes and I live in the US. It's worth a try.

Great news, Pittsburg!! : )
Would like to know what other vitamins you're taking?
Not feeling great right now, I think it may have to do with stress about an upcoming vacation and air travel, etc.
I don't know what to do about vitamins, I keep switching depending on what I read. For example, I have been taking 4000iu vit D, then I heard it is bad for me/cfs -- so now I don't know. Also, for a long time I have taken Omega3, the I read it causes prostate cancer (which I had/could have) so I stopped, but now I feel worse so I might start it again. In other words, I don't know -- I really just try to eat organic and a good variety of veggies and meats.

OverTheHills

Had a strange reaction to either Equilibrant or Inosine: Started Equilibrant on Valentine's and worked my way up to 3/day. Was feeling sleepy, fatigued, FLU-ish but extremely calm on it. Last week I added 1000mg Inosine taking it in the afternoon and Equilibrant at dinner. The inosine helped with the FLU-ishness immediately! Loved it! After the third day I had more energy since my before my last crash. Then the 4th day I woke up in the middle of the night feeling edgy and nervous. I also found myself feeling revved up during the day. Then the 5th night: full panic attack that woke me up an hour after sleeping- it was as if I just drank 20 cups of expresso- I was so nervous I couldn't walk. I was up all night and morning. My stomach also felt acidic. My money was on the inosine- perhaps uric acid build up? Yesterday I only took one equilibrant and nothing else. I also woke up in the middle of the night revved up but not as bad as before. Still nervous though, edgy, uncharacteristically hyper and can't sleep or concentrate- which is odd since last week I was sleeping 12-15 hours/day. Don't know if it is a combo effect or just one but I am going to try and slowly add them back by themselves at half doses until I figure it out. Equilibrant was really doing something too with the immune stuff- at least my body was fighting something with sweats and heating up. And inosine took all the nausea away and gave me energy back. Had a
similar reaction years ago after experimenting with citrulline maleate. I also feel like this if I drank coffee- a cup of joe could put me in the hospital so I don't do caffeine. Anyone hear of similar reactions? I also started 1000mg of lysine that week too but didn't think that could do this.

I don't know if others have replied to your question about similar reactions but I am also very sensitive to caffeine (one cup equals shakes so bad I can't use a mobile phone and no sleep at all for at least a day). I can only tolerate a low dose of immunovir (which is very similar to inosine) otherwise I can become edgy, hyper, angry, upset, paranoid (and none of those are like me at all - I'm calm). It seems to build up over time. I'm guessing it does something to some neurotransmitters, so I would guess your reaction was to the inosine
OTH

Mij

New update: still taking Equilibrant, inosine, and lysine -- also olive leaf, vit C, fish oil, vit D. Feeling good -- for me (not normal yet). I started walking everyday this week. Hope you are all doing well!

Great! Which brand of Olive Leaf are you taking. I've be considering this for some time but I'm not sure which brand. thanks

Great! Which brand of Olive Leaf are you taking. I've be considering this for some time but I'm not sure which brand. thanks
I take Carotec Olive Leaf Extract. I once went to a Naturopath that said it was good. I went to the website and got a big discount by ordering a lot all at once. My wife and kids take it when they start feeling sick and none of them have been sick at all! It's pretty amazing.

Adlyfrost

I don't know if others have replied to your question about similar reactions but I am also very sensitive to caffeine (one cup equals shakes so bad I can't use a mobile phone and no sleep at all for at least a day). I can only tolerate a low dose of immunovir (which is very similar to inosine) otherwise I can become edgy, hyper, angry, upset, paranoid (and none of those are like me at all - I'm calm). It seems to build up over time. I'm guessing it does something to some neurotransmitters, so I would guess your reaction was to the inosine
OTH

Thanks OTH! I found out later that Inosine can excite the nervous system so I never went back on it but thanks so much for the confirmation. Actually the Equilibrant gave me a similiar reaction but I suspect in that case it illicited an autoimmune response. I had to take it in very tiny doses. I don't need it right now since I started a new protocol but it helped me immensely to shake viral symptoms that would not go away without it.

RestingInHim

Realist
I've been out-of-the-loop. My brother died suddenly July 19. My family and I are still absorbing the shock. Given my health issues, I am so grateful I was well enough to stay with my parents (who are 85 & 87) for 2 weeks and then plan a family memorial. After the memorial, I got immediately hit with diverticulitis...the 2nd bout in 3 months. Dr.Chia says it is caused by the enteroviruses.

I managed to see Dr.C in the midst for my 4th appointment. He told me to start inosine. I waited until the diverticulitis antibiotics were done. (I intend to ask him at my next appointment why antibiotics help if the cause is viral. If you have any insight on this I would appreciate it.) He told me to start with 1- 500mg inosine-a-day...and to expect being hit with exacerbated flu symptoms for 3-4 days which would be an indication that it was working. BOY! Did I get hit!! He said increased symptoms should subside and then I would feel better. II was also to lower Equilibrant by one per day but just realized that looking over my notes...was thinking I was to do that after I started inosine! Good grief! I am then to increase inosine to 2 per day and reduce Equilibrant by one, if better after 1 week. Today is my 4th day on inosine. I still got hit today but not as bad as the last 3 days. The hit feels different than the hits I got when I was first on Equilibrant. My body feels like it's on fire and the pain throughout my body is even evident when I'm immersed in the pool. This is all a good sign, so I'm hopeful it will help me in the end. Except tonight I got a bit jittery...maybe because I haven't decreased Equilibrant yet!

I'll be writing an update for my blog on Health Rising soon. I have a lot of questions for Dr. C next time...in November. He wants me to get a blood test 4-6 weeks after starting the inosine.

On another note...I've lost my medical insurance, hopefully temporarily. When I saw Dr.C he gave me a huge discount because I had to pay cash. If he hadn't done this, I would have had to wait for my appointment.

I just read through this entire thread to find out what I could about inosine. Thanks so much to all of you!

Resting..as I continue to ride this trial-and-error roller coaster!