• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VDR Bsm +/+ Vitamin D toxicity

I am Homozygous for VDR Bsm my vitamin D is 24 ng/ml (April 2013) was 13.4 at lowest. I recently restarted vitamin D supplements 5000 iu daily but am having strange symptoms start again. I am not sure if it is because I haven't had any B12 recently and that is low also.
I am nauseous, lost weight again, feel achy, joint pains, slight tremor, slight restless legs need to stretch a lot. Could this be anything to do with my VDR Bsm +/+ maybe it makes me unable to process vitamin D.
I don't understand what it means exactly can any help to explain it to me please?

Valentijn

I am nauseous, lost weight again, feel achy, joint pains, slight tremor, slight restless legs need to stretch a lot. Could this be anything to do with my VDR Bsm +/+ maybe it makes me unable to process vitamin D.
The results for VDR Bsm are given backwards, and would be identical to your VDR Taq results if shown properly. So that result doesn't suggest any vitamin D issues itself.

Sorry no I don't but I know I have read this recently again. I just cant tolerate Vit D, maybe the dose is too high for me.

Still on a journey looking for the cause of my problems. I know I have adrenal fatigue proven on saliva stress testing but cannot pin point the cause of this. I am seeing someone soon regarding a test for SIBO which has been suggested as a cause on a forum.

PennyIA

Can I ask what form of Vitamin D you are taking? I've been as low as 4 in my Vit D testing... and taking pills took FOREVER to get any kind of improvement. And the improvement was only in my testing - no symptom improvement. I noticed a big difference when I switched over to vit d drops which are more absorbable.