• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

californian poppy

jeffrez

Go for it, doesn't hurt to check it out. You might be able to pick up some used equipment, too, even from practitioners who have upgraded and want to get rid of their old amps, etc.

Using the wrong protocol definitely can cause people problems, but in vast majority of cases when something does go a little off it's reversible. Remember, it's not really doing anything to your brain, just providing feedback that your brain is using to make its own changes. Not saying you don't have to be careful, but in most cases it's as easy as putting on the electrodes and letting the program rip, once everything's set up for your particular situation.

Good luck! I mean, when we take all these drugs & psychoactive supps, what do we think they're doing? They're temporarily changing the brainwaves. Much better to train your brain to change them more or less permanently. Then ideally you don't need the drugs. ;-)

perchance dreamer

Heapsreal, Transparent Corp. makes software you can use at home for brainwave training. They let you download free versions of some of their products for a 2-week trial.

The Neuro-Programmer software has sleep sessions. I used to find the SMR training session, a subset of Beta, very helpful for sleep. That's common for people with ADD. Other people become more alert with SMR. You would need to experiment with the various sleep sessions to see what helps.

Here's a link to the main page:

http://www.transparentcorp.com/

Click the Products button at the top left and then click Neuro-Programmer. You come to this page. There's a helpful FAQ on the left:

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Heapsreal, Transparent Corp. makes software you can use at home for brainwave training. They let you download free versions of some of their products for a 2-week trial.

The Neuro-Programmer software has sleep sessions. I used to find the SMR training session, a subset of Beta, very helpful for sleep. That's common for people with ADD. Other people become more alert with SMR. You would need to experiment with the various sleep sessions to see what helps.

Click the Products button at the top left and then click Neuro-Programmer. You come to this page. There's a helpful FAQ on the left:

I noticed that the free downloads mentions something about lasting 15 days for a trial then can pay for it. I cant find a cost anywhere, if u could help me out:)

heapsreal

seem abit like the holo sync cd's with binural beats etc

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
heapsreal

Does holo sync help you with sleep? I have some CD's from them, forgot about them. Am going to try the Rife program for sleep tonight.

Sushi

perchance dreamer

Heapsreal, here's the purchasing info for Neuro Programmer 3:

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/buy.php

I had bought the Neuro Programmer 2 years ago. I got the regular edition since I wasn't interesting in editing sessions.

Here's what they say about binaural beats in the Technical FAQ:

Can I make Binaural Beats with this program?
Yes, NP3 includes some binaural beat sessions and if you have NP3 Ultimate you can create your own. In fact, using the session editor in NP3 you can create an unlimited number of binaural beat tracks.
However, binaural beats are not the only way to stimulate brainwaves, and we have actually found that other methods tend to be more effective and more flexible, such as Isochronic tones and filtered noise or background sounds. By default, most of the sessions in NP3 use the entrainment methods that resulted in the greatest neural response during EEG tests.

heapsreal

heapsreal

Does holo sync help you with sleep? I have some CD's from them, forgot about them. Am going to try the Rife program for sleep tonight.

Sushi
I have a few different levels of holosynce cd's, they seemed to work the first couple of yrs i had them but wore off?? I found them good for power naps during the day as i couldnt sleep/nap at all on my own. Maybe i will try them again as things have changed

vamah

Do you think we will ever be able to sleep with "just naturals" ? I keep hoping to find something as I don't want to take any other sleep meds.

Sushi

I would love to, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The past two nights I didn't sleep well, even with heavy hitting sleep meds (xanax, seroquel). My lack of sleep reently has been at least partly due to pain, though, so if I can work on that maybe sleep will improve.

peggy-sue

I'm positive californian poppy is still opiates. Be very careful of addiction!
Loads of heavy drugs come from "natural" sources - as do many serious toxins (TDX, botulin, etc,etc, ect.).

I'm positive californian poppy is still opiates. Be very careful of addiction!
Loads of heavy drugs come from "natural" sources - as do many serious toxins (TDX, botulin, etc,etc, ect.).
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but have to call out incorrect statements like this when I see them. California poppy (Eschscholzia california) doesn't contain opiates. Its not even in the same genus as the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum). The sleep inducing alkaloids in California poppy don't act on mu opioid receptors. Another type of poppy thats good for sleep is the red poppy (Papaver rhoeas), its sleep inducing properties aren't due to opioids either, its an alkaloid called rhoeadine. Red poppies don't have any significant amounts of opioids.