• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

funds for Phoenix Rising through shopping at Amazon

November Girl

While reading some old forum messages today, I saw a link a few places. The link went to Amazon, with credit going to Phoenix Rising. Of course I can't find it now that I want to use it! I think it was a part of someone's sig line. Like many of us I do most of my shopping online. It seems to me that a click-through like that could raise a fair amount of money.

Can anyone direct me to one of these links? I've looked, but was reading a lot and don't remember where all I went.

November Girl

I found it! This was on one of Sasha's posts.
:angel: Support Phoenix Rising for free! :angel:
Shop via one of these links and Phoenix Rising gets 4% to 8% of your spend at no cost to you.
Phoenix Rising’s US Amazon Store
ir

Phoenix Rising’s UK Amazon Store
ir

Help keep the lights on !
Copy my signature!

November Girl

I've always wondered how these programs work. If I click through and put something in my basket, then later go directly to Amazon to purchase it, will PR still get credit? How about if I accumulate things in my basket, but not through the portal; then come back via the portal and purchase?

Mark

Thank you for raising this question November Girl. You can find more information on PR's Amazon shop on the Donate page:
http://phoenixrising.me/donating

We're aware that we could publicise this scheme a lot better, and we're working on that; we're also working on expanding to cover other 'affiliate schemes' to give members more ways to raise money for PR while shopping online.

I'm not sure exactly what happens in the circumstances you describe. I would hope that the donation would be registered to PR in both cases, but it's quite possible it could get lost in either case. What I would suggest is to always use the PR Amazon Store link to navigate to Amazon, then take it from there. The ideal would be to replace your Amazon bookmark with the PR Amazon Store link; that way, whenever you go to Amazon you can be confident that your purchase will be registered under PR's Amazon Store and the appropriate percentage will be donated to Phoenix Rising.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi November Girl - I'm glad my signature worked! :thumbsup:

The ideal would be to replace your Amazon bookmark with the PR Amazon Store link

Must admit I don't know how to do that - I just go to the Phoenix Rising home page, click on the 'Donate' button in the right-hand sidebar and scroll down to find the link. Very inefficient!

Mark

Must admit I don't know how to do that - I just go to the Phoenix Rising home page, click on the 'Donate' button in the right-hand sidebar and scroll down to find the link. Very inefficient!
Many different ways to manage bookmarks, but here's how I do it...

I use the 'bookmarks toolbar': In Firefox, View > Toolbars and tick 'Bookmarks toolbar'. Then when I'm on a page that I want to bookmark, I can just drag the browser tab I'm using onto the toolbar across the top of the browser, and put that bookmark where I want it. I then right-click the bookmark and click properties to shorten its name. For common ones I use abbreviations, so I have bookmarks for "PR" and "PR-F" for example, for Phoenix Rising and Phoenix Rising forums. I can also drag those bookmarks around on the toolbar to re-position them where I want. You can also right-click on the toolbar to create folders, so I have folders of bookmarks across the top of my browser as well.

I do a few other things to manage my browsing as well, but maybe these are for 'power users' really. I use the XMarks plugin to synchronise my bookmarks between different browsers, so I have the same set of bookmarks on Chrome, and in various virtual machines (I'm just in the process of setting up so that I have a copy of every major operating system with all the major browsers installed in each one, which should be very useful for testing and investigating bug reports). I also use Firefox Profiles, so I have 3 different versions of Firefox with different bookmarks, plugins and config, for Home, Work and PR (all of them synched using different XMarks logins) - but that setup is definitely for 'power users' only, it was quite a hassle to set that up and get it working smoothly. And I love Firegestures and Firefox's tabgroups feature. It's well worth investing some time regularly to review how you browse and improve the efficiency; if you find yourself doing a repetitive action frequently, it's worth playing around in the browser settings and plugins to see if there's a way you can turn that frequent series of actions into a one-click operation; saves a lot of time in the long run...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I use the 'bookmarks toolbar': In Firefox, View > Toolbars and tick 'Bookmarks toolbar'. Then when I'm on a page that I want to bookmark, I can just drag the browser tab I'm using onto the toolbar across the top of the browser, and put that bookmark where I want it.

Wow - just did that (or something similar) with the Phoenix Rising 'donate' page in Google Chrome and it did it. Thanks!

Mark

You should be able to drag the Amazon donate link straight into the toolbar and then rename it something shorter (eg 'Amazon'). I just dragged it from your signature straight into my bookmarks toolbar and that worked fine.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
You should be able to drag the Amazon donate link straight into the toolbar and then rename it something shorter (eg 'Amazon'). I just dragged it from your signature straight into my bookmarks toolbar and that worked fine.

Ah.... :thumbsup:

*GG*

Thank you for raising this question November Girl. You can find more information on PR's Amazon shop on the Donate page:
http://phoenixrising.me/donating

We're aware that we could publicise this scheme a lot better, and we're working on that; we're also working on expanding to cover other 'affiliate schemes' to give members more ways to raise money for PR while shopping online.

I'm not sure exactly what happens in the circumstances you describe. I would hope that the donation would be registered to PR in both cases, but it's quite possible it could get lost in either case. What I would suggest is to always use the PR Amazon Store link to navigate to Amazon, then take it from there. The ideal would be to replace your Amazon bookmark with the PR Amazon Store link; that way, whenever you go to Amazon you can be confident that your purchase will be registered under PR's Amazon Store and the appropriate percentage will be donated to Phoenix Rising.

To bad this is not advertised better, recently spent less than $50 dollars on Amazon, could have added a few cents to the pot, besides my monthly donation.

GG

PS I have copied the signature as a reminder to myself, until the next contest or?