• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When Treating CBS, will you get low energy?

I'm following the low thiol diet right now. I noticed when I ate watermelon today though (which is low sulfur) I got a massive hit of fatigue after an hour or two. I could barely function. I saw on heartfixer's site, he said this:

Energy Production will falter. To generate ATP energy, you need Co-enzyme Q10 and Carnitine, but to manufacture these co-factors you need methyl groups, which tend to be in short supply in individuals with Methyl Cycle defects. To make matters worse, when energy is in short supply, homocysteine is shunted in to ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, and alpha-ketoglutarate, and not in to its one beneficial metabolic product, glutathione. NADH, Carnitine, Co-enzyme Q10, and its non-oxidizeable 1st cousin Idebenone will all help with ATP energy production, and their use makes sense in patients with CBS up regulations, especially if they have cardiovascular disease.

If I am on the low sulfur diet, is this basically saying that my energy is being robbed right now because I am doing low sulfur to begin with, so my methylation cycle is doing bad? I didn't really experience low energy until this. I also notice very low energy with other random foods. I'm A360A +/+

ahmo

I'm following the low thiol diet right now. I noticed when I ate watermelon today though (which is low sulfur) I got a massive hit of fatigue after an hour or two. I could barely function. I saw on heartfixer's site, he said this:

If I am on the low sulfur diet, is this basically saying that my energy is being robbed right now because I am doing low sulfur to begin with, so my methylation cycle is doing bad? I didn't really experience low energy until this. I also notice very low energy with other random foods. I'm A360A +/+
rocky, I've been low thiol for nearly a year. I've also been implementing Freddd's protocol. Once I had all 4 of his Deadlock Quartet supps on board, my health and energy improved markedly. I'd tried the other B12 types, and the other carnitine types. I absolutely felt much brighter when finally adding L Carnitine Fumarate. I'm currently midway through (hopefully) detoxxing for SIBO and metals. My energy is slowly improving. I avoid all thiols, though I'm tolerating chlorella, and B vitamins. I also eat small amounts of meat w/ meat broth. I use ornithine, butyrate, and lysine to help balance sulfur formation. mthfrsupport.com has some good tips. cheers, ahmo

i see. so do you know though why i would get low energy from watermelon if its low thiol/low sulfur? do i have some other issue?

caledonia

What exactly are you doing/taking for CBS? I followed the program from the Heartfixer page and had an increase in energy from the l-carnitine fumarate.

As for the watermelon - maybe either a blood sugar issue or a food allergy issue? Try eating with some meat instead of alone to see if that helps. If it does, then it's a blood sugar issue. Otherwise, it sounds like something you should avoid.

What exactly are you doing/taking for CBS? I followed the program from the Heartfixer page and had an increase in energy from the l-carnitine fumarate.

As for the watermelon - maybe either a blood sugar issue or a food allergy issue? Try eating with some meat instead of alone to see if that helps. If it does, then it's a blood sugar issue. Otherwise, it sounds like something you should avoid.

thanks for the tip. i'm using heartfixer as well. i'm doing a lot of stuff. charcoal at night, yucca, l-cartinine, molybdneum, boron, vitamin e succinate. i'm getting ammonia rna/hydroxy on monday, so maybe those two out are playing some part.

i'll give a try to the meat thing next time i eat it, but it probably could do with blood sugar issue. although, i don't get crashes from other things with sugar. for example, if i ever cheat and eat a cookie or i eat gummy bears (i rarely do this, but i have done it before), i dn't get a fatigue attack. it's like when i eat watermelon.. 10 minutes later i have this fatigue attack out of no where. very strange. other things with sugar its more of a slow sugar crash OVER TIME.. like tthe normal way.

Once I had all 4 of his Deadlock Quartet supps on board, my health and energy improved markedly. o

Hi Ahmo,

Would you be able to point me to where Fredd talks about the deadlock quartet supplements? I can't seem to find this anywhere. I have been on a CBS protocol for a few weeks and am running into issues (one of which is decreased energy).

Thanks for this post!

ahmo

Susan, here are a couple links. The first is very long and complex; the second has a short list of the DQ. Also, 3rd link includes info re need for potassium in surprising (to me) situations: extra B vits. I add this because I watch my own potassium needs increase and decrease as I'm detoxxing. Best to you, ahmo

THE COMPLETE METHYLATION REVIEW Fredd Feb 2013 [very long and involved]
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and-healing.21725/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...t-hole-insufficiency.22614/page-2#post-345537

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...kalemia-and-methylfolate-insufficiency.22968/

Susan, here are a couple links.

Thank you Ahmo! Yep, this is complex and will take me some time to get through, but stuff I need to learn, awesome! I feel we have similar mutations; I appreciate your contributions:).