• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy and other things.....

Seewell

This was some years ago now / Trying Homeopathy.As said before i was experimenting with HHV (6 i think).
I did get a negative reaction,but it felt controllable.It was certainly not like the dangerous side effects of SOME drugs.
The negative reaction may have been down to the wrong remedy.
Or i could have been using to much.Thinking more is better.
Why was there any reaction.
======================================

Good luck with it golden.

golden

Which Homeopath?

There are thousands of remedies to choose from. Additionally, the potency has to be right. It may take a series of visits too. I have only just realised this.

I had already come to the conclusion that 'having an MD does not necessarily make a practitioner a good homeopath' - but this is the first time I have seen this view reflected... http://www.impossiblecure.com/referrals.php

I like those that have been in Allopathic medicine 10-20 years and then become Solely Alternative due to theor experience. But they have well and truly crossed fully and firmly over the bridge ..... and are not inclined to dish out a handful of drugs and a homeopathic remedy (this way maybe perfect for someone else).

Also I see on this link http://www.impossiblecure.com/referrals.php that Homeopaths are having really good success with Autism. I was wondering, if given the potential Methylation block similarites, if they may have more M.E. success.

I have now read that the classic fatigue remedies offered such as Gelsemium etc. often do not work for M.E.

This is no suprise to me - but a big stumbling block would be (as always) to make sure the HD is not prejudiced and ignorant to M.E. They may just think it is depression or fatigue for example - and this is going to colour the choosing of the remedy.

Whilst the flower remedies only focus on the mental and emotional - I think Homeopathy will be able to help with my thyroid/adrensl issues and so on as its the pbysical stuff thsts the main problem for me.

Given how rife it is everywhere - through the NHS, and complimentary/alternative/ medicine to always try and plaster a mental or emotional cause onto everything....I think this will be tricky to manouvre through.

Hip

Why dont you start a thread explaining that the reason none of us has got well is due to us not liking the Cold, hard, intellectual doctors and that people would gain

STRONG THERAPEUTIC BENEFIT from psycotherapy - as all we need is attention, sympathy and empathy.?

I suppose the Allopathic Vet who is now a Holistic Vet turned away from his sharp Scientific Intellect so that he could spend plent of time with the flocks of sheep and herds of cattle, curing them of their illness by his newly acquired intuition and spiritual approach. And the doses of homeopathic remedy he puts into their water for treatment - has nothing to do with it. its just

golden

Can anyone clarify something for me? I am writing my covering letter outlining my symptoms for my Homeopathic consultation.

Now, I thought that my Chronic sore throat which flares up often when I feel worse was definately NOT a symptom of depression. And yet this G.P. states some C.F.S. criteria and states 'these can ALL be symptoms of depression'...

2) A mentally ill Doctor was chatting to me on-line some time ago now and she was trying to convince me that PEM, is a symptom of a rare form of depression. I remained open about it, but I was wondering if anyone knows about these 'special' types of so called Depression?

This is the clip of writing I am referring to:

*Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
What is it?

If only we knew! The one thing that you can be certain with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is that nothing is certain. The symptoms vary from person to person and the means by which doctors diagnose it also varies. Several lists of symptoms which doctors can use to diagnose CFS/ME have now been published in the UK, USA and Australia. A recent working party set up by the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in 2002 concluded that CFS/ME is a genuine medical condition, affecting both adults and children alike but that both complementary and conventional treatments can be of limited use to many patients. The situation is not helped by the fact that there are many therapists who claim to have a cure-all treatment and information about various therapies with 100% cure rates are rife on the internet. This can cause a great many raised hopes in sufferers of a miracle cure, which get dashed if they are not one of the lucky ones for whom that particular therapy works.

So how do you know if you have CFS/ME?

The commonly used criteria are reproduced below;

* Fatigue -"persistent for 6 months or more, unexplained, not relieved by rest, results in significant reduction in day-to day activities"

* Four or more of the following symptoms which have started AFTER the fatigue:

* Poor short term memory/concentration

* Sore throat

* Tender lymph nodes in neck or armpits

* Muscle pain

* Pain in multiple joints without medical arthritis

* Headaches

* Unrefreshing sleep

* Feeling unwell after exercise for more than 24 hours

There are any number of other diseases and illnesses which share a great many symptoms with CFS/ME which is why it can be so difficult to diagnose but also why it can be dangerous to try to diagnose yourself without seeking medical attention. Depression can give all of the above symptoms as can thyroid disease, severe sleep problems (sleep apnoea), heart and lung diseases, cancer, hepatitis, HIV, connective tissue disorders and hormone problems such as Addisons disease (adrenal gland imbalance).

Wayne

Now, I thought that my Chronic sore throat which flares up often when I feel worse was definately NOT a symptom of depression. And yet this G.P. states some C.F.S. criteria and states 'these can ALL be symptoms of depression'...

2) A mentally ill Doctor was chatting to me on-line some time ago now and she was trying to convince me that PEM, is a symptom of a rare form of depression. I remained open about it, but I was wondering if anyone knows about these 'special' types of so called Depression?

Hi Golden,

I have a much different take on the whole topic of depression than most people do. Whereas the general consensus is that it has to do with some kind of pshychological manifestation, I believe most forms of depression and other "mental illnesses" are most often caused by non-psychological factors, such as environmental exposures, incompatible foods for our system, various kinds of focal infections, etc.

I once read an account of nutritional efforts that were made at a mental institution that specialized in treating schizophrenia. Astoundingly, they discovered that 90% were able to be released from the institution after supporting each one's unique nutritional requirements. --- The mineral lithium that is often successfully used to treat various forms of "mental illness" is not effective because it changes brain chemistry, but because it has the ability to detoxify the brain.

I found the following [below] to be quite a remarkable story. It was written by a young man who had experienced a number of "phobias" [see his last paragraph] for many years, and which cleared up completely by having his amalgam fillings removed. Not to say removal of amalgam fillings is going to give similar results to everybody, but certainly something to consider is what non-psychological factors are impacting our mental and emotional health.

I very occasionally experience brief periods of almost incapacitating depression and/or anxiety [upon awakening in the morning], two states that are often associated with CFS. But instead of feeling like "I'm depressed" or "I'm anxious", I take the perspective that MY BODY is depressed and/or anxious. I've found a number of energetic and polarity modalities that help me restore my balance when this occurs. It's amazing how I can go from almost paralyzing depression, to a state of balance and harmony within just an hour or so. --- I think it helps that I had all my amalgams and other metal crowns (and one root canal) removed over ten years ago.
...................................................................................................

My Mercury Story

In the mid 90s, despite being athletic and energetic, I began experiencing various health ailments. These ailments worsened and grew in number year-by-year. By 2000, I had acquired 17 specific physical ailments ranging from fatigue to immune weakness to constant ringing in my ears. I could only work about 4 hours per day and had to take daily naps. I knew that something was seriously wrong.

I finally stumbled upon the cause of my problems while speaking to a friend about her health issues. She told me she had Chronic Fatigue and had healed herself after 5 years of visiting doctors and getting nowhere. She told me that she had her amalgam ("silver") dental fillings removed one-by-one, as she could afford it, and it had changed her from a bed-ridden state to a normal, working person. She told me something no dentist ever had:

Amalgam dental fillings contain mercury, the world's most toxic, non-radioactive metal.
I started conducting research on the Internet and found that I was not alone. Many other people were suffering just as I was and they had determined the problem was their dental fillings as well.

After spending numerous hours researching this issue, I had my amalgam fillings removed in couple weeks and my life changed forever, and it happened virtually overnight. A few years later, I realized that not only had my physical symptoms gone away, but a number of phobias vanished as well. My relationships improved, I became more social, my memory improved dramatically, and I realized how life is supposed to be lived.

Now, looking back, I realize that I lived most of my life with a number of negative personality traits and emotional ailments that were actually caused by mercury. My bad memory, extreme shyness, very low self esteem, fear of commitments (especially in relationships), history of suicidal thoughts and fear of confrontations is now gone, not to mention horrible depression, and all of these changes have dramatically improved the quality of my life.

Last edited:

Hip

Hip

Why dont you start a thread explaining that the reason none of us has got well is due to us not liking the Cold, hard, intellectual doctors and that people would gain STRONG THERAPEUTIC BENEFIT from psycotherapy - as all we need is attention, sympathy and empathy.?

Presumably that is sarcasm.

I do not suggest that warmth, attention, sympathy and empathy can cure serious diseases like ME/CFS, which is most likely caused by a nasty viral infection of the brain.

Warmth, attention, sympathy and empathy are always nice, always helpful, and may make you feel better by de-stressing you. If a therapist has a calm and mindful meditative disposition, this may help relax his clients, and put the clients in a meditative state too. Mindfulness meditation may lower cortisol and increase the BDNF growth factor in the brain. Ref: 1

golden

Wayne,

I wholeheartedly agree that many physical conditions are missed in favour of a label 'depression' - Thanks for your mercury story .

Hip,

No, it was not sarcasm.

moblet

Unknown Quantity
Can anyone clarify something for me? I am writing my covering letter outlining my symptoms for my Homeopathic consultation.
Did the homeopath ask you to do this?

The reason I'm asking is that classical homeopathy in particular has a completely different model to the medical one, and doesn't need to know your medical dxes in order to arrive at the correct homeopathic dx. This applies to physical as well as mental or presumed mental conditions. Classical homeopathy is constructed on archetypes, each prescribing a remedy, and a full-on homeopath will question you according to the archetypes rather than whatever medical pronouncements have been made, indeed they may have little interest in whatever medical pronouncements have been made. The questions can seem quite obscure too, which gets even weirder when you answer them correctly.

golden

No, the HV did not ask me but he does multiple modalities and one thing I want is to pass all these theories to someone to plot a plan.

I know classical homeopathy questions will be a bit weird ha ha :) But I may trial some clearing remedies and some mercury and nickel detox remedies etc too...

I know this Homeopath will want a case history of pattern of health problem. One reason i have stalled from the amalgam removal is my my BP and adrenal function issues.....catch 22

I am waiting for an Asyra machine appointment to see if it still thinks lyme is still a problem - and i will see if HV can guide me through a laatment too...

But thanks Goblet, ideally wouldnt use use any allopathic labels at all.

golden

golden
Good luck with it let us know how you go on - think if homeopathy is going to work it works quickly.

Thanks maryb :)

I thought this too but in chronic conditions it may take a series of remedies ...
I Just found this out.

I Hope for the immediate solution though :)

Even a bout of flu is treated with different remedies for each individual though so dont think my remedies will help anyone :( but will post all about it anyway - :)

Wayne

golden

Hi Golden, Hi All,

I just had a visit with my ND who is also a chiropractor and Homeopath. In preparation, I re-read some of my experiences with homeopathy last year, which I posted a fair amount about on this forum. In reviewing this, Shellbell made a striking post. I copied it and showed it to my ND, who acknowledged that it was precisely how he approached homeopathy. I'll quote the post below. The following link will take you to that thread, where there are a number interesting comments on homeopathy, in case you would be interested.

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula
Hi Wayne, one thing my homeopath is really big on is working on the body's constitution/vital force. What she does is treat me for a specific issue, then she places me on my constitutional remedy for awhile to build my vital force which works on boosting my immune system. Then she treats for something else with a different remedy, then back on the constitutional remedy again.

The constitutional building part is really important. The other remedies remove what may be blocking the ability to get well or at least on how I understand it. I am still learning how this all works. It takes a very knowledgeable practitioner to get it right, to know how to work with the potencies, as well as how it should be administered.

There are lot's of tricks to homeopathy for it to work right. Even though I am not completely well (yet), I am better than I was before. She said with the complexity of this illness, it can take a year or two or more to feel really well again. I would say overall, I am about 40 - 80% better, depending on the day. I know that is a wide percentage, but I will take it. Anyway, just a thought!

golden

Hi Wayne ,

Thanks :) And such an abundance of information freely given by everyone...

That thread is just what I needed . I am going to include this info.for my Homeopathic Appointment as I dont feel I can navigate through it all.

I found this link too:

http://asyra.co.uk/Practitioner-Experiences/homeopath-on-using-the-asyra

This Homeopath states that if Lyme comes up on an Asyra test (mine did in the top 5)
Then she knows she is looking at someone diagnosed with ME. This occurrs 20% of her clients. Fascinating stuff.