• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where should I begin?

Hi -

I've been watching Richvan's lectures on glutathione deficiency, and the symptoms are like a copybook of what I've experienced with CFS. I'm being tested for my glutathione levels now; however, I've just got back a hair analysis, and by applying the "counting rules" adopted by Andy Cutler, I am very probably mercury toxic. This would imply that both AC's and Richvank's protocols would be beneficial to me; my question is: which should I adopt first? Do I need to adopt both?

I had thought that Richvank's would be best, because that might explain the mercury build-up (and associated low Na/K; lithium; high Ca/low Mg). Also, if I have trouble with methylation, I'm trying to clear mercury from a body that is prone to storing it!

Very complex!

Any views gratefully received.

A.B.

According to Cutler, glutathione supplementation will likely worsen symptoms in mercury toxic people.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
According to Cutler, glutathione supplementation will likely worsen symptoms in mercury toxic people.

Rich's Simplified Methylation protocol doesn't include glutathione supplementation. Rather, restoration of methylation will naturally restore glutathione levels to normal.

Sushi