• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I can actually see someone vote several times, so-I actually do not know.

I don't know how either! I just tested it and it didn't let me do it.

Very close now. We're 3,011 and NOAH are 2,997. 14 votes in it!

Lots of activity going on to get more votes - if you haven't voted yourself yet or asked friends or family to do so, please do it now! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Quite scared to look... here we go...

Phew! MEandYou are 3,236 and NOAH are 3,177 - we're still in the lead but only by 59 votes.

There's a lot of money riding on this - it's worth a big effort! Vote! Tell your friends! :)

I don't know how either! I just tested it and it didn't let me do it.

Very close now. We're 3,011 and NOAH are 2,997. 14 votes in it!

Lots of activity going on to get more votes - if you haven't voted yourself yet or asked friends or family to do so, please do it now! :)

I think I managed to vote twice, at least my picture came up once more and there was one more vote. I don't know why it worked though but at least it's worth a try!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think I managed to vote twice, at least my picture came up once more and there was one more vote. I don't know why it worked though but at least it's worth a try!

That's weird - the instructions that came via Co-cure said 'vote once'.

Oh well! :)

Purple

Bundle of purpliness

Yes, it is unexpected. Facebook questions like this only allow one vote. However, you can usually 'unvote' (i.e. by clicking on the circle again, your vote gets cancelled) and then click it again to vote again - but this would be counted as one vote only.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've pulled ahead a little bit: MEandYou now 3,622 and NOAH 3,552 - they're 70 votes behind.

It appears possible that voting could end on Saturday when Steinar stops walking - sits down and takes his boots off - so there's no time to lose in voting yourself and telling your friends and family to vote now!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The difference on the chart between MEandYou and NOAH isn't visible to the naked eye now! All the other charities are in the dust.

MEandYou are 3,965 and NOAH is 3,870. We're 95 votes in the lead.

Another call to voters went out on Co-cure a couple of hours ago - let's hope that gives us a boost.

Anyway, you know the drill - vote now, tell your friends! :)

Thank you, Sasha, once again for posting this and keeping everyone updated on the opportunities to support MEandYou! This is such a great opportunity to win a large amount of money! I voted and shared with all my friends! Let's win this for M.E. patients everywhere and get this study funded. It will only happen if we all work together!

Exactly an hour since my last post and votes are coming in at more than one a minute!

MEandYou are now 2,237 and NOAH are 1,582. So we're up 77, they're up 62... and that's just in an hour.

Remember, voting closes when this guy stops walking! That's supposed to be Saturday. We don't have long!

Do we know when on Saturday? Morning or evening? Or just when he is finished walking?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Do we know when on Saturday? Morning or evening? Or just when he is finished walking?

Not actually sure about that! Here's Google Translate's mangling of the Norwegian:

Thank you for a wonderful engagement, 10 finalists have now been removed. We provide 1,000 - per km Steinar J. Olsen is the Southern cross for a purpose you decide! Vote for your favorite here! Click Like and Share with your friends, and please write in the comments why exactly your favorite should win. The vote takes place while Steinar J. Olsen is on tour, stay tuned to see how big dollar amount is!​

So he raises 1,000 krone per km (I think) and voting may well stop when he's done - or perhaps this hasn't been written with such precision in mind! I would have thought that might be hard to coordinate with his web people but maybe not.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We're 4,172, they're 4,069 - we're 103 in the lead.

I can't remember ever seeing the ME community go over 4,000 votes in an online contest before. Have I not been paying attention or is this a new record?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
MEandYou now 4,313 and NOAH 4,240 - just 73 in it now!

I'm switching the computer off and getting ready for bed soon. I hope our lead will have opened up when I wake up tomorrow morning! :)

MEandYou now 4,313 and NOAH 4,240 - just 73 in it now!

I'm switching the computer off and getting ready for bed soon. I hope our lead will have opened up when I wake up tomorrow morning! :)

How can you sleep at a time like this??!! ;) We have extended our lead to 175 last I checked!!! Let's keep it going! The nice thing about this campaign being global is that someone is always awake to keep the momentum going!!!