• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Not sure about this...

LaurieL

I have been doing methylation for quite a long time now. I was moving along nicely, and still am. My body is healing, and its definately recognizing the bacterial infection I had confirmed. Started actually healing from that as well.

Some months ago before my LOA, Hip got me started on the detoxification SNP's. Over these last couple of months, I have been supplementing those that correlate to my own mutations. This is when my body kicked into high gear. This is when my body started to recognize and attack this bacterial infection. This is when my skin started healing, my neurotransmitters leveled with niacinamide. But the antioxidants.....I am not sure, but I am again, going through some of the start up symptoms of the active B's. I can correlate these, because taking them causes these particular symptoms I had when I first started methylation. Interesting FYI.

LaurieL

juniemarie

Lauriel cant add anything ,but I am very interested in what you have been taking for which SNP's. Do you have it posted somewhere else? I am very new to all this genetic stuff and just wanting to learn whats working/or not for others.......especially if they have similar SNP's

LaurieL

Lauriel cant add anything ,but I am very interested in what you have been taking for which SNP's. Do you have it posted somewhere else? I am very new to all this genetic stuff and just wanting to learn whats working/or not for others.......especially if they have similar SNP's

Hi junie, No I do not have what I have been supplementing/eating for those mutations posted somewhere, but the mutations themselves are somewhere on here I believe......if not, these are my detox SNP's:

CYP1A1 +/-
CYP1B1 +/-
CYP2C9*2 +/+
CYP2D6 +/- (normal), 100C>T is +/- and a downregulation
GSTP +/-
SOD2 +/+
NAT2, there are five of which 3 are +/-.

I have been wanting to post what I have found pertinent to me, so let me get all my writings together, and post something soon. I would like to be clear the first time I post this info.

LaurieL