• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Photographs of CFS

jimells

The photos and posters are great. But posting them on Facebook might not be such a good idea. My understanding is they own everything posted on Facebook. Only one of many reasons I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook.

Andrew

Visual feedback doesn't register with most people. I used to have such bad OI that it was very difficult to walk. At one doctor's office I used to go to, the staff there was very tuned into this type of thing. I only had to walk about 4 feet before two of them would rush over to hold me by my arms and steady me. And this was not an office of a CFS doctor. This was just regular staff who happened to be alert. But most people are oblivious to this kind of thing.

Another example is where I used to work. The final year I was working everybody told me I looked just fine. But one woman came to my desk and was very concerned. I asked her how she knew I was sick. She told me it was obvious from the way I walk.

LaurelW

There was an article about CFS on the front page of our local paper two years ago--
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...bone-crushing-fatigue-pain-for-many.html?pg=1

Among the pictures is a close-up of my face that says pretty well how exhausted I was. I look pretty different now after being on Ampligen for two years.

I have to wonder at Beth Unger saying they wanted to put a positive spin on it and that's why the cheery pictures. WTF!! There is nothing whatsoever cheery about this illness.

Shell

Here's a couple I made.
Face of ME.pngME.png