• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Belgian prescription - UK Pharmacy?

snowathlete

Hi everyone,

I just got my results from KDM and a prescription for a few things. I think three of the four should be able to get in the UK, the question I want to ask is if anyone had any problems getting these from a UK pharmacy?

I haven't tried yet, and I will later but I'm just thinking ahead and antisipating problems...

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Oh yes!!!! flashing an EU prescription I was looked at like I was a drug dealer..........
I am fortunate in that I have a super chemist nearby if you're desperate google Dennis the Chemist.
Some of the drugs have different names over here and they have to be specific - xifaxan for example - I asked Marleen at KdM's to fax the correct rtx with amended name directly to the chemist which she did.
Some Boots are not bad but supermarket chemists - forget them.

Don't forget you can't get high dose vitB12 over here only allowed 2ml?? weekly regardless of what your prescription says.

Just phone around first save your legs and petrol.

snowathlete

Oh yes!!!! flashing an EU prescription I was looked at like I was a drug dealer..........
I am fortunate in that I have a super chemist nearby if you're desperate google Dennis the Chemist.
Some of the drugs have different names over here and they have to be specific - xifaxan for example - I asked Marleen at KdM's to fax the correct rtx with amended name directly to the chemist which she did.
Some Boots are not bad but supermarket chemists - forget them.

Don't forget you can't get high dose vitB12 over here only allowed 2ml?? weekly regardless of what your prescription says.

Just phone around first save your legs and petrol.

One antibiotic is Clarithromycine, that looks like the right name, except there shoudn't be an e on the end.
The other is Rifampicine (again shouldn't be a trailing e I don't think).

Thanks. I didn't know that about the B12, that's handy to know as he has prescribed 10ml shots 2X1/week. Does that mean 2 times a week (for 1 week?) or something else? The antibiotics are for 8 weeks so I guess thats the duration for this too...

Finally, Bififlor forte which I doubt my local pharmacy will have. I have found one place online in the UK that sells it. As with the B12 it isnt that clear how much I should get. I guess that it will be for 8 weeks, but it just says 2 a night. So I'm likley going to have to go to Belgium to get two of these....

A few other things for gut and inflammation, immune system I need to get from a place in Belgium and I've been given an order form for that stuff. They ship by the looks of things.

Thing is, presumably I need all this stuff at once, and shoudln't start the antibiotics without the other stuff...?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
snowathlete

Re B12 -think thats 2 x 10mg a week but my chemist only gave me 24 x 1mg -for 12 weeks. Chemists outside of the EU will fill the prescription as rtxd though. I had no problem getting the a/biotics over here, Probiotics are rtx depending on your gut results or if negative I suppose a generally good one.

I presume you are looking at 24ME to ship from Belgium?

snowathlete

snowathlete

Re B12 -think thats 2 x 10mg a week but my chemist only gave me 24 x 1mg -for 12 weeks. Chemists outside of the EU will fill the prescription as rtxd though. I had no problem getting the a/biotics over here, Probiotics are rtx depending on your gut results or if negative I suppose a generally good one.

I presume you are looking at 24ME to ship from Belgium?

Thanks Mary. So it is a euro-wide thing, the 2mg a week? that being the case, how and where can i get the right amount? Do I have to order from outside the EU? Will it get through customs?

The report suggests where I can get 4ME and some other gut, inflammation and immune stuff:
http://www.kalidashop.com/

maryb

iherb code TAK122
You probably would get it in Belgium but pharmacies won't supply to the UK.
Well you will get it from the US? I found a site over there would supply it as long as you have a script - just a long trip for the B12 plus shipping !! I would try a few chemists locally first? you may just drop lucky, think I got it first initially and then they said no. I couldn't tolerate the large injections anyway so it didn't matter to me, neither the 24ME - ho hum.......

snowathlete

You probably would get it in Belgium but pharmacies won't supply to the UK.
Well you will get it from the US? I found a site over there would supply it as long as you have a script - just a long trip for the B12 plus shipping !! I would try a few chemists locally first? you may just drop lucky, think I got it first initially and then they said no. I couldn't tolerate the large injections anyway so it didn't matter to me, neither the 24ME - ho hum.......

OK, I'll try in the UK first, see if I get lucky, but I'd be surprised if I did - it does seem a high dose.
If not then I'd have to travel to Belgium just to get it, which seems a bit crazy. Would be cheaper even with shipping from the US I'd have thought...and a lot less draining!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Personally I'd start low anyway - its a high dose but its up to you.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
snowathlete wrote:

Thanks. I didn't know that about the B12, that's handy to know as he has prescribed 10ml shots 2X1/week. Does that mean 2 times a week (for 1 week?) or something else? The antibiotics are for 8 weeks so I guess thats the duration for this too...

How many mgs in those injections? I get a dilution of 10 mgs to 1 ml in a rubber topped bottle so my injections (with a .5 ml insulin syringe) are small. I do them every day. I'd guess that he will keep you on B12 longer than 8 weeks. Oh, and that is 2 shots a week I think.

Best,
Sushi

snowathlete

snowathlete wrote:

How many mgs in those injections? I get a dilution of 10 mgs to 1 ml in a rubber topped bottle so my injections (with a .5 ml insulin syringe) are small. I do them every day. I'd guess that he will keep you on B12 longer than 8 weeks. Oh, and that is 2 shots a week I think.

Best,
Sushi

My bad, it says 10mg not 10ml.
So the issue is where to get the darn stuff from. If I can't get it locally (which I bet I can't) then I'm gonna try importing it if possible through the post. If anyone knows anywhere I can get it online, then let me know! Else, google will hopefully be my friend, and I'll report back when I find a solution.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi,

I live in Brussel. This is the address of my pharmacist: http://www.aposite.be/ponthotclaux1160/
He has b12: hydroxocobalamine from sterop ( price: 8, 49 euros for 3 phial of 2 mg) Quite expensive....
He speak english, and he maybe send the drugs...but I don't know
Maybe with the name hydroxocobalamine from Sterop, you can find an online shop.

Good luck and have a good day

Clodomir

aquariusgirl

I pounded hydroxo for YEARS. 1ml of 25mg/ml a day.....and guess what?? It wasn't going anywhere cos I had no lithium (needed for B12 transport)....now if I take a fraction of that with lithium ...kaboom... runaway detox.

So before you tie yoursefl in knots trying to get hi dose hydroxy.. .. might wanna check yr lithium.

eta:dunno if i tmatters if its just to scavenge peroxynitrite?

snowathlete

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi Snowathlete,

I don't know if you are used to do some "shots" B12, 4ME, etc...
If you're not, I give you a few tips (taken from my "long" experience...:cool:)
take the thinnest needles you can: the one I have is BD Microlance 3 - 0, 3mm x 13mm for subcutaneous shots. With that one, I have no pain
The only problem is to take the product out of the phial... the needle is so thin, it isn't very easy, so I use intramuscular seringue with needle to take the 4ME and then I change from needle.
What you have to know also, is that when you do your shot, due to the amount of product you inject in your "body": 2ml, it can "hurt" a little bit if you go to fast. So take your time.
For my B12, and because in my case it is intramuscular shots, a nurse is coming, but the product himself is hurting... I don't know why... So KDM ask the nurse (in the prescription) to put a little bit xylocaine (0,2ml), so it is OK.
I take my B12 twice a week, and my 4ME every day and with 4ME I feel the difference, but maybe it depends on people.

hope the best for you

Clodomir:)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Clodomir,

Everyone I know who has used the hydrox B12 from Belgium reports that it hurts and that they need to add xylocaine. I wonder if it is the preservative that they use?

The hydrox I get in the States doesn't hurt at all, and I have ordered it from a couple of compounding pharmacies so something must be different with the Belgian hydrox. I haven't heard anyone injecting hydrox here say that it was painful.

Best,
Sushi

snowathlete

Hi Clodomir,

Everyone I know who has used the hydrox B12 from Belgium reports that it hurts and that they need to add xylocaine. I wonder if it is the preservative that they use?

The hydrox I get in the States doesn't hurt at all, and I have ordered it from a couple of compounding pharmacies so something must be different with the Belgian hydrox. I haven't heard anyone injecting hydrox here say that it was painful.

Best,
Sushi

Is there some reason though why KDM recommends that brand?