• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best labs for detecting opportunistic fungi

kday

Hi. I don't have Candida but I have a some other fungal organism (in my stool) that won't culture. Antifungals such as Nystatin and Diflucan don't do much, but natural things like colloidal silver, oregano oil, GSE extract (not completely natural) seem to hit something real hard. And capryllic acid does as well to some degree.

I can't say I know what these are hitting (bacteria, fungus, virus), but symptoms point to gastrointestinal system and maybe systemic since I get neuroinflammatory reactions, aches, pains, and general sense of feeling toxic. Symptoms improve when I stop things for a couple days.

I'm looking for a lab that tests for a broad range of fungal organisms. Spirostat does, but they are not currently accepting new samples.

Is there any other lab that compares to their fungi panel? It's a shame they aren't accepting samples right now because this panel is only $250.

Here is an Example list of just A FEW of the organisms that can be detected and identified with the New Fungi Panel*:
Aspergillus cervinus
Aspergillus flavus
Aspergillus fumigatus
Aspergillus niger
Aspergillus terreus
Candida albicans
Candida dubliniensis
Candida glabrata
Candida orthopsilosis
Candida parapsilosis
Cladosporium herbarum
Curvularia parapsilosislunata
Exserohilum rostratum
Fusarium equiseti
Fusarium moniliforme
Fusarium sporotrichioides
Kodamaea ohmeri
Malassezia restricta
Neosartorya pseudofischeri
Phoma betae
Phoma rabiei
Physcia adscendens
Rhizopus oryzae
Trichophyton mentagrophytes

http://www.spirostat.com/fungi_panel.php#fungi

kday

The problem I see is those tests just see antibody response. It can't identify invasive infection as with PCR. Correct me if I am wrong.

globalpilot

It will tell you if your blood is reacting with an antibody response. I don't see why it wouldn't react to a systemic infection.