• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spring CFSAC 2013 Meeting live streaming starting today - Weds 22 May

Sing

The image is staying small only. The full screen button won't work. Can others of you get a full screen image somehow?

Sing

The trouble for me is that I like to stay well back from the screen because the EMR bothers me, but if I do, I won't be able to see the faces. Rats!

Nielk

New member to the committee - Rebecca Collier; a case manager in disability. she has some experience dealing with ME/CFS.

Nielk

3 new non voting members:

CFIDS of America - Kim Mc leary
IACFSME - Fred Friedberg
NJCFS - Ken Friedman

Nielk

Wanda Jones said that the way that the FDA conducted their meeting should be a role model for the future.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
My connection has dropped out half a dozen times - is this happening to anyone else? I know I have a bad internet connection. o_O

Nielk

My connection has dropped out half a dozen times - is this happening to anyone else? I know I have a bad internet connection. o_O
It happened to me once but I just open it again in a new tab and there it works. Sorry.

Nielk

They seem to be all excited about the fact that they will allow the public to be somewhat engaged and involved by asking questions at appropriate times.

Firestormm

Hi, I am not able to watch/listen to this one today, but is anyone up to taking notes or even attempting a transcript? I know Mark is watching/making notes - he might be interested to hear from anyone who is also doing similar.

I hope it is worthwhile. Thanks :)

snowathlete

Dr. Belay of the CDC mentioned a PCOCA call which is available on the CDC website here.

I agree with Dr Klimas on a bunch of stuff but not deconditioning. I went from very fit and well to this state in days, it was not deconditioning. Of course, due to low activity I am now a bit de conditioned but I don't think challenging that without first treating the cause is a good idea - quite the opposite in my experience.

The danger is that government love this kind of 'treatment' because it is so cheap! that in my view, threatens to take the focus of the right areas.

Sing

Striking mix of speakers with a range of competence and incompetence in terms of knowledge and intentions. I feel that the hidden agenda of some is still to achieve nothing, to waste time, to confuse things. I steam with irritation... The others which include our advocates and patients are excellent--so clear. I hope this contrast will illuminate some minds, even the deliberately obtuse.