• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ANECDOTAL REPORT: de Meirleir's patients POSITIVE for XMRV

parvofighter

NB: This is an UNCONFIRMED ANECDOTAL REPORT, translated from Norwegian @ http://translate.google.ca/translat...arch?q=xmrv&hl=en&lr=&tbo=p&num=100&tbs=qdr:d

"18.12.09 Kenny De Meirleir confirms XMRV-finding in ME patients
After WPI published his groundbreaking research news October 8 this year, Kenny De Meirleir tested several of his patients. He has spent labratorier in several countries scroll. The patients were tested to map the incidence of XMRV and labratorienes ability to find the virus. Now he has confirmed that the virus is found in a majority of test persons and that they will get a letter about this along with updated treatment plan.

This post is written based only on verbal information, so unfortunately I have no links to refer to. It is of course possible that some information has been misunderstood or misinterpreted in the communication process, but I want to clarify that I have had very reliable sources."

PS: Puhleez don't give me grief about posting this!:p As with any anecdotal report, the proof is in the pudding. We have to wait for the fat lady to sing before we can get really excited about this. Don't dance a jig yet. Buyer beware. :DDisclaimers aside now, I'll be interested to see the chatter on that blog in the coming weeks, and whether Prof de Meirleir will be officially confirming this news. Anyone have an inside scoop on this news?

cfs since 1998

Thanks for posting! I am also glad Dr. De Meirleir is investigating this rather than being too focused on his pet theory (hydrogen sulfide).

Alice Band

PWME - ME by Ramsay
One of the Belgium groups was also talking about this. Guessing that he was sending to the Swedish Professor who had developed his own XMRV test and that it cost Euro 400.

Quilp

After WPI published his groundbreaking research news October 8 this year, Kenny De Meirleir tested several of his patients. He has spent labratorier in several countries scroll. The patients were tested to map the incidence of XMRV and labratorienes ability to find the virus. Now he has confirmed that the virus is found in a majority of test persons and that they will get a letter about this along with updated treatment plan.

Even if the tests are confirmed, 'several' would mean very little surely ( unless you are one of those several of course )

When I first read your thread a fast flowing river of happiness ran through my body like a surge of electricty. The hairs on the back of my head stood on end and for a fleeting, transient moment I was taken back to the 8th October 2009. Yes I know, desperation plays tricks with all our emotions, like a wild cat with a timid mouse. Perspective, perspective, reasoning, healthy scepticism, burden of proof satisfied thereof.......

All very sensible, but even now, although not a fast flowing river, I sail slowly but freely on slow moving waters.

I dare say Wessely, White and Sharpe would feed freely and with insatiable voracity on diets I sometimes serve on here. That maybe so, but what more can a timid mouse do ?

Keeping fighting Parvo and thank you for keeping us informed.

Kind regards, Mark

Hysterical Woman

De Meirleir's patients-parvofighter

PS: Puhleez don't give me grief about posting this!:p As with any anecdotal report, the proof is in the pudding. We have to wait for the fat lady to sing before we can get really excited about this. Don't dance a jig yet. Buyer beware. :DDisclaimers aside now, I'll be interested to see the chatter on that blog in the coming weeks, and whether Prof de Meirleir will be officially confirming this news. Anyone have an inside scoop on this news?

Hi Parvofighter,

I appreciate you posting this. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm or deny in the not too distant future.

As you recommend, I am not yet dancing a jig, but I am considering buying a ticket to hear the fat lady sing.

Thanks,

Maxine

Wayne

Excellent Disclaimers!

Hi Parvofighter,

Thanks for sending this information along. Sure got my attention here this morning. And BTW, excellent disclaimers! :)

Wayne

G

George

Perked me right up!

Great disclaimers! Thanks for posting it's another drop in the hope bucket.

MEKoan

m36.jpg

Dancing is happening ~ can't be helped!

bullybeef

There are probably so many studies happening as we speak, I'd like to think many different countries and research institutions will start making announcements from the New Year onwards.

M

misskoji

Thank you, Parvofighter. Great find. Even better disclaimers. :D

parvofighter

Covering my a___!

I'm basically just a little chicken-sh__, and was covering my a__ with those disclaimers! Seriously though, I'm a blog virgin (this is my first ever! :eek:), had no idea how to post, and have had some gentle and not-so-gentle feedback to be totally transparent about sources, particularly when they are potentially dubious or downright flaky. It's good advice.

But then the perverse side of my nature came out, and I just had to have a lil' fun.:D

Martlet

Seriously though, I'm a blog virgin (this is my first ever! :eek:), had no idea how to post, and have had some gentle and not-so-gentle feedback to be totally transparent about sources, particularly when they are potentially dubious or downright flaky. It's good advice.

I would never have guessed that you're a novice. I enjoy your posts. But sources/disclaimers are always a good idea.

Marylib

Is that a XMRV mouse?

Did that little micie dance into our blood??

Love his little jig.

I am thinking that Dr. Mikovits will have alot to tell us on the chat in January. Hope so.