• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Llewellyn King interviews Dr. Kenny De Meirleir: ME/CFS Alert, Episode 42

serg1942

Hi guys, does he say "itercellular????" I understand "intracelullar", but of course English is not my fist language. The thing is that the normal word to use would be "extracelullar" instead of "intercelullar", as opposed to "intracellular"...

Could you please confirm me this? I translated the video into Spanish, and would like to make the correction if needed.

Thanks!
Sergio

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi guys, does he say "itercellular????" I understand "intracelullar", but of course English is not my fist language. The thing is that the normal word to use would be "extracelullar" instead of "intercelullar", as opposed to "intracellular"...

Could you please confirm me this? I translated the video into Spanish, and would like to make the correction if needed.

Thanks!
Sergio

I hear "intercellular." He says it (whichever!) at about 4:58 minutes into the interview.

Others?

Sushi

I hear "intracellular". I think he'd enunciate it if there was an "e" between the "t" and the "r" to say "ter", but he doesn't, so it sounds like "tra".

serg1942

Well, the thing is that his statement is actually very important: "they're all (intracelullar) infections..." Why would he say that? We know some infections he treats are both intra and extracellular... Maybe the intracellular forms are the ones related with the autoimmune process?

Well, I hope we'll know more about this all soon!

Thanks!
Sergio

Spring

Also there he is saying 'intracellulaire'.

I will ask De Meirleir in the next chat or on the Dutch ME day event on 12th May if he always means intracellular or if he also talks about intercellular infections.

I guess he emphasizes 'intracellular' because that makes clear you need antibiotics that pass the cell walls to treat them. But I will ask if this is true.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I will ty to have them answered by De Meirleir.

serg1942

Well, this definitely needs to be asked to him!!!! Maybe it sounds like that b/c of his accent??? I could not distinguish such a nuance!!!! ..Anyway, I'd like to know why he emphasizes either intra or inter --whatever it is!. I think your guess, Spring, is a good one... We'll see...

Sergio

Nico

The ancestry thing doesn't apply to me. I am small, dark-haired and dark-eyed and believe that a fairly-recent ancestor was Spanish.

On the other hand, living in the Northern hemisphere - or at relatively high latitude - may well be a risk factor due to the risk of Vitamin D deficiency.

Don't be fooled by outside features exclusively.....the Vikings really, really, really got around. They even did a stint in Italy... If you can get your hands on "Great Courses" "The Vikings" - it is amazing how much territory they covered.... just sayin' ;)

Nico

Yes, their are Vikings in my past too, though I have not done 23andme, I know from family history. My mother and grandfather had red hair.

I think that those guys even got to North America--maybe Nova Scotia? And I'm sure everywhere they went they were not shy about spreading their genes around. :D

Here is another strange one: there is a close linguistic relationship between Scandanavian languages and Sanskrit. I don't know how that works except the theory that India was invaded by Indo-Europeans and that they brought with them the origins of Sanskrit.

Sushi
I mentioned this earlier in another reply: The Vikings really did get around...a lot...Italy too. And, that's just from what we know....("The Great Courses" series: "The Vikings" lecture. Long, and detailed, but worth every minute if you're curious about their history. ;) )

I'd go for intracellular. Because;
-it's more logical; it's harder for the immune system to get them, making them chronic more easily
-lately he's really getting into Bartonella, which is intracellular
-if it was 'just' intercellular, i don't think he would emphasize it that much

Anyway, i see him the 14th of Mai. If my memory doesn't let me down i'll ask him.

edit; just watched video 7, he says intracellular infections. I've bad ears, but this is very clear to me, this is my motherlanguage;)

Spring

"Hi guys, does he say "itercellular????" I understand "intracelullar", but of course English is not my fist language. The thing is that the normal word to use would be "extracelullar" instead of "intercelullar", as opposed to "intracellular"..."

serg1942: I talked to DML last Sunday at our ME benefit meeting in the Netherlands and I asked him specifically if he ever talks about intercellular infections or always inTRAcellular. His answer was 'always INTRAcellular'. So that is solved!

DML gave a presentation I hope to summarize soon in English.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
"Hi guys, does he say "itercellular????" I understand "intracelullar", but of course English is not my fist language. The thing is that the normal word to use would be "extracelullar" instead of "intercelullar", as opposed to "intracellular"..."

serg1942: I talked to DML last Sunday at our ME benefit meeting in the Netherlands and I asked him specifically if he ever talks about intercellular infections or always inTRAcellular. His answer was 'always INTRAcellular'. So that is solved!

DML gave a presentation I hope to summarize soon in English.

Thanks for clarifying that Spring.

On video # 7, the English subtitle says intercellular. Would that be difficult to change?

Sushi