• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brussels info anyone...?

Daffodil

hi all. i wonder if anyone here knows if its practical to try to get from "Brussels Midi" to Dr. DeMeirleir's office by public transit, and if so, how?
i tried to call some tourism place but cannot get a real person.
thank you!
xoxo

aquariusgirl

You can take a train out there then a bus or taxi the rest of the way. That's what I did. The office can give you details..bus numbers etc.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yes, contact the office. But there is a train to Vilvoorde (just 2 stops) from one of the main stations and then bus # 47 from the Vilvoorde station to the clinic (get off at the Hoogveld stop).

Sushi

Yes, contact the office. But there is a train to Vilvoorde (just 2 stops) from one of the main stations and then bus # 47 from the Vilvoorde station to the clinic (get off at the Hoogveld stop).

Sushi
I take the train to Brussels Nord and then the train to Vilvoorde (direction Antwerp). Then you have to take bus 47 indeed. When you leave the station of Vilvoorde bus 47 is on your left, it's a different bus (MIVB, orange and grey ) then the others (De Lijn, jellow and white). You stop at Hoogveld, cross the road and Himmunitas is just 40m away.
http://www.mivb.be/irj/go/km/docs/horaires/47/schema/20110314/47_1.gif

snowathlete

other people have given good answers. Only thing that I would say is that it is quite straightforward, especially the train part, and cheap and quick.

Daffodil

wow thanks all! excellent

i understand the 47 stops running after 5 pm so looks like a long taxi ride back downtown!

Daffodil

hello all. I am near avenue louise now.....rue paul spaak 15 to be exact. I looked up google public transit directions to dr. demeirleir's office and they said to take tram 94 towards cim. de jette (?) - not sure where to get off - then walk to outré-ponts, take bus 57 towards hop. militaire, get off at dghr domaine militaire, then walk 6 min. to de tyraslaan 111.

does anyone know if this sounds right ? I am a little scared of getting lost!

thank you!!!

snowathlete

hello all. I am near avenue louise now.....rue paul spaak 15 to be exact. I looked up google public transit directions to dr. demeirleir's office and they said to take tram 94 towards cim. de jette (?) - not sure where to get off - then walk to outré-ponts, take bus 57 towards hop. militaire, get off at dghr domaine militaire, then walk 6 min. to de tyraslaan 111.

does anyone know if this sounds right ? I am a little scared of getting lost!

thank you!!!

Hope you've made it now and haven't had too much trouble! I'm not sure on that stuff really but his clinic is near the military hospital so it is likely correct or very close!