• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Important Donation Info

Anyone who would like to donate to Dr. Mikovits, who is currently an unpaid consultant working with Dr. Enlander, this is what you need to do. go to PayPal.com, search denlander@aol.com, make your donation and in the message box type in - For Dr. Judy Mikovits Research fund. For those of you who wish to donate by phone/mail: call (212)794-2000 or (212)794-9588. Checks should be payable to: Derek and Caron Research Foundation and addressed to Derek and Caron Research Foundation, 860 Fifth Ave. suite 1C, New York, N.Y. 10065 and please specify if it is for Dr. Mikovits. Please help me in getting this out to our entire community, thanks everyone

Can you point me to a place where I might find more information about this? I've read Dr. Mikovits' name, but am not familiar with the situation. What is her role and why is she unpaid?

Can you point me to a place where I might find more information about this? I've read Dr. Mikovits' name, but am not familiar with the situation. What is her role and why is she unpaid?
I've corresponded with both Dr. Enlander and Dr. Mikovits several times. I assume that Dr. Enlander cannot pay Judy at this time and this turns out to be one way to help her out. This is OK'd by both parties. Dr. Judy has been through a lot financially and still continues to work on our behalf. I still feel her work is key to finding a cause/cure to our suffering. Please help me spread the word to as many in our community as possible. Thanks Jim

I don't know - there are still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened with the XMRV research, and concerns that the initial paper missed out important information.

I don't know - there are still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened with the XMRV research, and concerns that the initial paper missed out important information.
I don't think we will ever know the full story, but my money would be on the WPI being to blame for that whole mess. Dr. J worked tirelessly on our behalf and they stuck it to her bigtime. She continues to work for all of us and now could really use our help. I hope that everyone will continue to believe in her and help her financially.