• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low E-Coli and Very High Lactococcos Lactis

dannybex

I'm considering taking threelac again...took it for a few months about 4-5 years ago, and think it helped considerably. It's pricey though, and almost never on sale, unless you can find it on ebay. There's another similar formula on amazon, but right now can't find it -- had a really lame 'generic' name for it. Will try to post if I can find it again.

Also Lisa Petrison (Slayadragon) knows someone who did really well with 3-lac. I can't remember her name, but Lisa would know.

Hi Peter, not sure if you're about on the forum anymore but would be interested to hear how you have been going on the GAPS diet. I am in a similar position, but with a strep overgrowth and am considering Erythromycin. I am on GAPS and my naturopath has said it will be hard to knock down the strep without abx. Anyway hope you're well. Cheers

beaverfury

beaverfury
Hi Peter, not sure if you're about on the forum anymore but would be interested to hear how you have been going on the GAPS diet. I am in a similar position, but with a strep overgrowth and am considering Erythromycin. I am on GAPS and my naturopath has said it will be hard to knock down the strep without abx. Anyway hope you're well. Cheers

Hi sunshine,

How are you faring on the GAPS diet? I've just started 2 days ago.

I never thought i would get sick of meat, but i am already. Been having lots of soups and broths.
I think my head is a little clearer.

I'm dying for a good coffeee, salad or juice. Or a sweet pudding or cake or something...or anything thats not meat broth!but must stick to the diet:(

RE
I'm considering taking threelac again...took it for a few months about 4-5 years ago, and think it helped considerably. It's pricey though, and almost never on sale, unless you can find it on ebay. There's another similar formula on amazon, but right now can't find it -- had a really lame 'generic' name for it. Will try to post if I can find it again.

Also Lisa Petrison (Slayadragon) knows someone who did really well with 3-lac. I can't remember her name, but Lisa would know.

I'd stick with the non-lame name one that already works ;) I kept trying cheaper (and not so) versions and stool tests showed NO improvement...even mercola brand.

dannybex

RE

I'd stick with the non-lame name one that already works ;) I kept trying cheaper (and not so) versions and stool tests showed NO improvement...even mercola brand.

And which is the "non-lame" name one that already works?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi all,

A quick update on my GAPS journey. Things have been progressing slowly over the last 9 months of GAPS food. Improvements seen in digestion, sleep, palpitations and muscle twitching. Still have sinus congestion. However, my naturepath suggested a IgG4 Metametrix food allergy test which came back with severe allergies to casein, milk, eggs and cashews. Some other foods had mild allergies. The severe allergies were off the scale, so we are hoping this could be the missing link or at least part of it. So for now I'm back to soups, stocks, fermented verges, well cooked meats, offal, boiled veg, animal fats, green juices and avocado. Have also found enemas, detox baths and oil pulling helpful with my sinus congestion. But I'm hoping that if I eliminate these severe foods the sinus issues may improve. Ultimately hoping to see the diet cure my leaky gut.

Peter

knackers323

Does anyone have any experience growing mutaflor? I can't get the milk to thicken but it is developing an unusual taste and smell? Is this normal?

Hi there, I have been taking mutaflor for last week. My stool test showed that I do not have any E. Coli good bacteria. I also have few bad bacteria in my gut. Is it possible to experiencing die off effect from mutaflor?

Hi, yes it has. I got results from bioscreen that I got overgrow entrococcus and streptococcus by 50% abowe normal reng and 0 of good bacteria e coli. I had amoxill to suppress these bacteria with no results it looks like they are resistent to the antibiotics.

Undetectable levels of E.coli. Oral application of E.coli probiotics (Mutaflor) may be beneficial. Changing

and normalizing the colonic aerobic microbial flora with the E. coli probiotic has shown to be safe and

beneficial in patients with Ulcerative Colitis

1,2, and Crohn's Disease3. The probiotic, once ingested and if

adhere to the mucosal wall, will colonize the colon within a few days, and will remain colonized after oral

administration ceased. Oral application of the E.coli probiotic has shown to stimulate and enhance

immune responses and induces nonspecific natural immunity

·
E.coli is an important intestinal micro-organism responsible for the synthesis of essential amino acids

(eg. trytophan, phenylalanine, tyrosine)
6,7,8 vitamins (folic acid, vit K2)9,10, and coenzymes (CoQ10)11

important for cellular metabolism and reproduction. Determination into the levels of these essential

amino acids in patients with persistent and chronic low levels of E.coli may be beneficial. Acute

depletion of tyrosine and phenylalanine has shown to have selective effect on decision-making in

depressive patients
12. Tyrosine depletion has also shown to have recognition and working memory

impairment

I saw few changes in my stool. I think it will work but for now I do not take it anymore. I think I will have to get rid off the bad bacteria first and then start with the mutaflor.

Will have to go to see my doc. I got app for the 3rd October. I go to CFS discovery.

To Annacermakova
In my recent experience taking antibiotic -Flagyl to kill of BH resulted in die-off off e-coli and bifido. Mutaflor (e-coli capsules)and probiotics was then required to restore levels which it did. I dont know however if those levels were maintained thereafter. An indication that e-coli is normal is if constipation is held in check ! The 'bad' bacteria thrive in the absence of competing bacteria. I would consider the necessity of killing off bacteria ( that only prevail in suitable conditions within the gut ) and look to changing those conditions as priority. (Wholesome fresh foods especially vegetables and reduce sugar and processed) if constipation exists Mutaflor may assist you in short term.

Does anyone have any experience growing mutaflor? I can't get the milk to thicken but it is developing an unusual taste and smell? Is this normal?
No experience, but e-coli results in spoilage of protein normally producing off smell from the break down . I think you are being brave attempting to grow own for use.... I would not use an off-smelling product! Yoghurt and pickles always smell good as does compost!

Hi Julielu,

Thanks for your impute. Wondering what was your problem and also do you feel better after treatment?

I do not suffer from constipation I got the opposite problem. This is quite bad as I do not digest anything.

I am on digestive a enzyme which makes me sick but will have to keep taking them. I got tested for amino acids and I am low in almost all of them as result of my gut inability to digest anything .

My daughter suffers from constipation and I was wondering if she might miss e.coli. Will have her bioscreen result sometime today.

Anna

To Annacermakova
In my recent experience taking antibiotic -Flagyl to kill of BH resulted in die-off off e-coli and bifido. Mutaflor (e-coli capsules)and probiotics was then required to restore levels which it did. I dont know however if those levels were maintained thereafter. An indication that e-coli is normal is if constipation is held in check ! The 'bad' bacteria thrive in the absence of competing bacteria. I would consider the necessity of killing off bacteria ( that only prevail in suitable conditions within the gut ) and look to changing those conditions as priority. (Wholesome fresh foods especially vegetables and reduce sugar and processed) if constipation exists Mutaflor may assist you in short term.

I find this very interesting. I myself went through a bacteria test in germany 2 months ago and it came to some even more interesting conclusions, my stomach is severely unbalanced. The data showed me at last that something is truly wrong with me.

Like some of you others in this thread I also have very little e coli and according to the graph I was presented with I'm way off.

I also have low antibodies in my stomach as well as low pancreatic elastase.

Alpha haemolytic streptococci was high but the Beta version was normal.

There was also a part called 'other germs' which was high.

I'm ordering mutaflor on sunday in a first step to fix my very dysfunctional stomach.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but do anyone of you know what makes e coli thrive in the stomach ?

Is there a particular nutrition or vitamine this e coli nissle prefers....