• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Male hormones and GWI, Cancer

Jarod

Sorry not a "pub med" article for the medical gurus here.

Low testosterone here. I contribute that to CFIDS. Really reduces energy and affects mood. Tried supplementing with the testosterone creme/gel before and felt good for a few days before crashing. o_O

Male sex hormones 'drive breast cancer'

The University of Colorado team discovered that many breast cancers possess androgen receptors on their surface, and that male hormones like testosterone fuel the tumour's growth, reports BBC.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/asianet/130412/male-sex-hormones-drive-breast-cancer

Nearly Half of U.S. Veterans Found With Blast Concussions Might Have Hormone Deficiencies

The researchers found that about 42 percent of these veterans showed abnormally low levels of at least one of these hormones. The most common low hormone was human growth hormone, which can cause behavioral and cognitive symptoms similar to PTSD and depression, along with increases in blood lipids and changes in metabolism and blood pressure that can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. The second most common problem was hypogonadism, changes in sexual hormones that can affect body composition and sexual function.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130422102029.htm

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
there could be a few reason why u crash after a few days on testosterone, one that is common is that testosterone could be aromatising to estrogen, usually arimidex is used for this and can happen in us guys with extra body fat as that is where the enzymes are that convert T to E. ALso need to put cream/gels on lean body areas like shoulders or forearms not fatter areas like stomach etc.Some guys just cant absorb T through skin so need injections. I also think T levels drop in us due to chronic stress of cfs/me sort of like how cortisol and dhea do, a part of the hpa axis which is shot in us cfsers.

Jarod

there could be a few reason why u crash after a few days on testosterone, one that is common is that testosterone could be aromatising to estrogen, usually arimidex is used for this and can happen in us guys with extra body fat as that is where the enzymes are that convert T to E. ALso need to put cream/gels on lean body areas like shoulders or forearms not fatter areas like stomach etc.Some guys just cant absorb T through skin so need injections. I also think T levels drop in us due to chronic stress of cfs/me sort of like how cortisol and dhea do, a part of the hpa axis which is shot in us cfsers.

Thanks Heaps. I was pretty lean at the time.

I don't recall using arimidex. I did use some kind of compounded cream though. It's been awhile. I definitely was absorbing it though.

Are you able to get some sustained wellness from supplementing hormones?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks Heaps. I was pretty lean at the time.

I don't recall using arimidex. I did use some kind of compounded cream though. It's been awhile. I definitely was absorbing it though.

Are you able to get some sustained wellness from supplementing hormones?
Im still a work in progress. I have been on a compounded pregnenolone cream for a while and oral dhea, now on a low dose T cream and depending on some up and coming tests will depend on if i increase dosage. I have used arimidex in the past when my e2 was very high, i think lowering my e2 helped me to lose weight and losing weight also lowered my e2 further so i was able to stop arimidex but have it on hand in case i need it now while on T cream but its all dependent on testing. Dhea and pregnenolone has helped, not noticing much from the T cream yet but i think i need to up the dose as im only on a 1/4 ml of a 10% cream which is only 2.5mg of testosterone a day. men usually make between 5-10mg a day, so im following docs orders until we see what the low dose does then i may jack it up to the full ml.

sustain wellness, i think it helps but im just treating all the abnormalities i have found which have been my hormones as well as infections and immune system. im functioning ok.

cheers!!!