• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA Workshop on Drug Development for CFS and ME

Nielk

I think that anyone can use this link to listen and see the webcam By the way, it is fascinating so far. Patients are speaking about their experiences.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Dunno if it's just you and me, Nielk! I just created a thread with a title saying the meeting was now live-streaming and a link to this thread to send people over here.

Here's the agenda again:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/NewsEvents/UCM344665.pdf

We're coming up to where patients will be saying what they think of available treatments, which will be interesting. Bob Miller already spoke from the floor so maybe he'll talk about Ampligen.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I also heard Dr Joan Grobstein (if I've got her name right - she wrote a storming piece I read a while back) and Jennie Spotila.

Nielk

Talking about general types of current treatments available today. This is an interactive discussion.

Nielk

I hope more people are listening to this because I find it very interesting and informative. Btw, I'm very impressed by the respectful way this FDA session is being led.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I hope more people are listening to this because I find it very interesting and informative. Btw, I'm very impressed by the respectful way this FDA session is being led.

Yes indeed - and sensitively - several of the speakers have become distressed by what they're having to recount and it's being gently handled.

Nielk

slide26.jpg

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Interesting - speakers now will include Judy Mikovitz, Dr Enlander, Courtney Alexander (Miller), Drs Lapp, Baraniuk, Peterson, Grobstein...

Edit: We crossed but that screenshot is better!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Did Judy speak? I had to leave the room for a minute. If so, what did she say?

Thanks,
Sushi

Nielk

Did Judy speak? I had to leave the room for a minute. If so, what did she say?

Thanks,
Sushi

Yes she spoke. Something about ME/CFS like MS and Lupus all have immune issues. Also, Rituximab has 30% response.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I liked the guy who wanted our spit! :)

I thought Dr Lempert made a good point - that Ampligen has been shown to be effective against HHV-6 (?) and that, rather than being assessed by the FDA for its efficacy against ME it should be being assessed as an anti-viral, in which case it could be used for those PWME who have high viral titres. He said that Mary Schweitzer (I think) went from being HHV-6A+ to HHV-6- three times on Ampligen (she had three courses of Ampligen).

At least I think that's what he said! It was all happening so fast in that session that it was leaking out of my memory as fast as it was going in but there were some excellent contributions there.

Can we see tomorrow's live streaming even if we haven't registered, like we could today's?

waiting

I'm assuming the webcast is being recorded and will be available later? If so, does anyone have the link for that? I caught some of today, missed most....
Thanks!