• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bartonella- Dr. B. Robert Mozayeni

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi,

After 3 negative testing for Bartonella, they finally find that I have EBV and HHV6. I am so happy that they find something... ;)
So for Bartonella, I am fine.
Now, I am taking Valancyclovir for EBV, and HHV6.
I also try LDN. And It is great!

Have a nice day. Hope everything fine for all of you.

Clodomir

They change protocol every few motnhs...now : minocicline, keforal and....another one that,of course, I cannot remember! But they change every time! I was tested in red labs and infecto labs .Have a nice day! :)

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I do not have personal experience with Dr. M, but just to throw another option out there, may be worthwhile to query Dr. Jemsek's services at the Jemsek Specialty Clinic. I also have no personal experience with him, but I did have a doctor suggest him for possible Lyme/Tic borne illness. Since you may be considering Dr. M in Rockville, MD, Dr. Jemsek seems relatively close by; I believe he is in DC.

Dr. Jemsek is a very, very good doctor. I credit him with saving my friends life. He used to be in North Carolina, but the North Carolina Medical harassed him so much he moved to South Carolina before moving to the DC area. He moved up there due to his daughters illness, but I have no idea what medical condition is. He comes back to SC about once a month to see patients down here.

Vojta

Hi, I'm in my 4th month of Bartonella treatment. Now taking rifampicin 600mg one dose and 100mg Minocyclin. So far no response. I don't have even stupid Herx. I'm visiting KDM in 2 weeks. He told me I need at least 4 months to see if it's working.
Also after 2 months of treatment my CD57 count drop from 58 (oct2012) to 35 (60 being laboratory range). It should go the other way they say when Lyme is involved and treated. Do your doctors checking your CD57 count? Do you notice any correlation with your treatment?

I would be glad to hear how are you all doing.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?

Vojta

Hi ,
I have done a biopsy who was send to Redlabs.
LDN is really helping with pain but that's all. But it is a big change. and I am happy to use it.

Have a good day.
Can someone send a little bit of sun to Belgium? because here, it is still raining since month...;) and the weather is very cold.

Clodomir

I will bring some sunshine to Brussels tomorrow. We have nice weather here ;) I have appointment with KDM on Tuesday.

Vojta

Hi Vojta,

how was your appointment with Dr. Meirleir?
There are News?

We spoke just few minutes. He told me I have probably Lyme too (in addition to Bartonella). I have new set of antibiotics for another two monts. So there wasn't actually anything new. I asked him if I would benefit from IV treatment and he just answered "maybe". Also that CD57 has to go down before it goes up. And it means the antibiotics are doing something.
However I feel sick as usual.