• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My possible Valcyte miracle!

Sasha

Fine, thank you

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Congratulations RU - How exciting!! Wish you all the best as you test out your new limits and engage with your surroundings everyday. Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing, I would love to know if your HHV-6 titers have gone done in accordance with your symptoms. I haven't read you entire blog, so please forgive me if you have answered this already. I have heard several people report that while taking AV's for their high EBV titers, that the titer levels didn't seem to rise or fall according to how they felt.

So happy for you - Woohoo!!! :balloons:

RUkiddingME

Congratulations RU - How exciting!! Wish you all the best as you test out your new limits and engage with your surroundings everyday. Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing, I would love to know if your HHV-6 titers have gone done in accordance with your symptoms. I haven't read you entire blog, so please forgive me if you have answered this already. I have heard several people report that while taking AV's for their high EBV titers, that the titer levels didn't seem to rise or fall according to how they felt.

So happy for you - Woohoo!!! :balloons:
Thanks so much it's all so hard to believe!! I will post my viral titters as soon as I get my results back. :)

RUkiddingME

Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm really glad you're so much better and I hope you're enjoying every minute.

Thanks for posting about this. I've got high HHV-6 titres and am trying to get Valcyte.
Thanks! It is truely amazing! I am enjoying every second. I hope you can get your hands on it. It took me 1.5 years to convince the drs to put me on it.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
rukiddin u have joined the placebo group with myself, soc and a few others who have improved lately on valcyte but because its not published in the NY times, it isnt proof it helps.

Thats great u have improved, now we have to try and get a group of us who can exercise to a level of normal people without getting pem etc. I find i dont feel sick all the time but just have that bit of lethargy left, still sleep issues and restless legs but even they arent as severe as they once were.

maybe we need a thread of valcyte responders and nonresponders with dosages used and length of treatments, also other antivirals would be good to see too.

RUkiddingME

rukiddin u have joined the placebo group with myself, soc and a few others who have improved lately on valcyte but because its not published in the NY times, it isnt proof it helps.

Thats great u have improved, now we have to try and get a group of us who can exercise to a level of normal people without getting pem etc. I find i dont feel sick all the time but just have that bit of lethargy left, still sleep issues and restless legs but even they arent as severe as they once were.

maybe we need a thread of valcyte responders and nonresponders with dosages used and length of treatments, also other antivirals would be good to see too.
Thanks Heaps! Yep until we make the NY Times we are full of S@&t right? Lol. Sure would be nice to have a nice survey like the Famvir one done up for Valcyte, unfortunately my brain is still too fried to attempt anything like that, plus it is hard to have all the ex and current Valcyters to visit the site and see a survey without getting notified of its existence. I am always so surprise to see how many of us were physically active in sports and very athletic in general prior to illness onset. I do believe it could be one of the triggers in viral reactivation.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks Heaps! Yep until we make the NY Times we are full of S@&t right? Lol. Sure would be nice to have a nice survey like the Famvir one done up for Valcyte, unfortunately my brain is still too fried to attempt anything like that, plus it is hard to have all the ex and current Valcyters to visit the site and see a survey without getting notified of its existence. I am always so surprise to see how many of us were physically active in sports and very athletic in general prior to illness onset. I do believe it could be one of the triggers in viral reactivation.

Many just move on i think when they get to a certain level of function, me i hang around as i want that 100%, 80% not enough, still fluctuate alot too due to sinuses etc I think i want the 100% so i can get back into sport, i think that makes it frustrating for us X sports people.

RUkiddingME

Hey captain, I just found this old post of mine, hope it helps, also if you go on my previous blog entries, I have all my viral numbers listed at the bottom. Here are the tests I had done;

HHV6 IgG and IgM panel, Herpes simplex 1 and 2, EBV early antigen, EBV EBNA AB, EBA VCA IgG and IgM and natural killer cell panel. To confirm my elevated HHV6 I also had a Rapid HHV6 culture, antigenimia and Nested PCR through Wisconcin Viral lab (positive)

I also had a thorough workup last year which included:

CMV IgG and IgM, M. Pneumoniae AB IgM, Parvovirus IgG, Coxsackie, Lyme panel, heavy metals, B12, all hormones. Hope this helps

RUkiddingME

Hi RUkiddingME,

many thanks for your message! :)

Did you have at other laboratories also positive HHV-6 PCR?
Thinks this laboratory "Wisconcin Viral lab" is the best in the field HHV6?

EBV PCR positive or negative?

Hi Cpt, I only got tested for PCR through the WIsconsin Viral Lab. I have my test in front of me, my report says that I tested positive for active HHV6 infection by rapid culture/antigenimia assay which they state is the most sensitive test they have for detecting active HHV6 infections. I tested negative on PCR for both EBV and HHV6. Report says that negative PCR suggests but does not prove the absence of HHv6 or EBV. If you look at the link below, it's very confusing as to which test is the best one as it also depends when your blood is drawn if the virus is shedding or if you are in a flare up. My doctor said I was very lucky mine was detected as their are many false negatives. Good luck :)

http://hhv-6foundation.org/research/hhv-6-testing

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
A possible miracle! I am surprised someone hasn't objected to that considering how much flack people get for using the 'c' word. Maybe you are experiencing abnormal wellness beliefs that are causing you to engage in wellness behavior. ;)

Seriously, it is very encouraging to hear that someone has found an appropriate treatment. :thumbsup:

RUkiddingME

A possible miracle! I am surprised someone hasn't objected to that considering how much flack people get for using the 'c' word. Maybe you are experiencing abnormal wellness beliefs that are causing you to engage in wellness behavior. ;)

Seriously, it is very encouraging to hear that someone has found an appropriate treatment. :thumbsup:
Thanks :). That's why I didn't use the cure word. It's my miracle. The fact that I am not stuck in bed unable to use my body or any of my senses like before is a miracle for me and proof that Valcyte is doing something. I am currently functioning about 30% of normal.

jeffrez

Promising news for those of us with HHV-6 who are trying to get Valcyte. Thanks for the report, so glad you're getting some benefit and I hope it continues for you. :- )