• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote for MEandYou (Rituximab trial) to win $4,300/£2,800 - Facebook, daily, until April 25

Sasha

Fine, thank you
MEandYou, Dr Maria Gjerpe's fundraiser for the Haukeland 140-patient confirmatory Rituximab trial, is in an online voting contest run by a bank (all that money!).

The prize is 25,000 krone/ US$4,300/ £2,800 - very well worth having.

Voting is daily, via Facebook, until 25 April (next Thursday).

Here's how to vote.

1. Log into your Facebook account.
3. Scroll down that page and click the orange button on the far bottom right that says, 'Veldedige formal'.
4. The page won't appear to have changed but it has! Scroll up and find MEandYou's hand logo among the other charities and click on it.
5. A box appears with an enlarged MEandYou logo and a back and forward arrow at the bottom. Just underneath the box (you might have to scroll down) there’s some text and a blue thumbs-up button that says ‘Stem’ (‘Vote’). Hit the button and click ‘OK’ for the Skulderklapp app.

That’s it, you’ve voted! Don’t forget to do it daily until April 25th, and tell your friends and family to vote too.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
...and I'm very happy to say that so far, MEandYou has about 500 votes and the others less than 10 (not kidding) - even though there appear to be puppies and kittens, usually our downfall. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! But let's pile the votes on and maintain that position - I don't think the contest has been running for very long - only today, perhaps - and that could all change today.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
626 votes for MEandYou now - the others still have fewer than 10 votes each. :)

We're doing amazingly well there!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I voted, where do you see the tally?

GG

Each charity's vote is in a little box just to the left of the thumbs-up 'Stem' button that you press to vote. Annoyingly, there's no leaderboard and you have to check each charity's vote to see who's winning but that's actually quite rewarding because MEandYou are storming it!

We're currently 809 votes and the others are all below 10 - yes, 10! - including the ones for puppies and kittens.

We're beating puppies and kittens! This is one of the happiest days of my life! :cool:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Oops, daily vote! It's a daily vote! I forgot that, even though it's in the title... and I wrote the title myself...

Just tried to vote again but it tells me I already voted - I suppose it hasn't been 24 hours.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its not 24hrs since I voted - damn
Have to go back later, haven't a clue what time it was yesterday:(
1519 up to 14.00hrs

snowathlete

I just voted and then accidentally voted for one of the opposition - IDIOT!
Anyway, it wont help them much I dont think cause they were only on 77. But, I checked the other three categories (i think all are in the same competition) and one of them have 117 or something like that, so we havent won yet!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I just voted and then accidentally voted for one of the opposition - IDIOT!
Anyway, it wont help them much I dont think cause they were only on 77. But, I checked the other three categories (i think all are in the same competition) and one of them have 117 or something like that, so we havent won yet!

I've been ignoring those other categories - I had assumed that they each had their own competition. You've got me worried now (not as worried as I would be if we didn't have over 1,000 votes, but still!). I will have a look at the rules...

snowathlete

To make up for my erroneous click, I have emailed the google alert group that I setup for the recent Canadian contest asking them to vote in this comp too.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think we're OK (thank you, Google Translate!):

Competition Rules​
In competition Shoulder Clap be awarded NOK 200 000. [...] eight nominees in each category, ie 32 in total. [...]​
There are four predetermined categories. These will ensure a diversity.​
The categories are:​
- Sport and sports​
- Arts and Culture​
- Activists / benefit the local environment of good​
- Volunteering and Charitable [**That's what MEandYou are in]​
[...]​
Awards​
Support is given to three projects in each category, 12 in total. Whoever gets the most votes in each category will each NOK 25 000 for its intended purpose. 2nd place gets 15 000 each and 3rd place receives 10 000.​

Phew! Just the people in our category to beat, then.

snowathlete

I think we're OK (thank you, Google Translate!):

Competition Rules​
In competition Shoulder Clap be awarded NOK 200 000. [...] eight nominees in each category, ie 32 in total. [...]​
There are four predetermined categories. These will ensure a diversity.​
The categories are:​
- Sport and sports​
- Arts and Culture​
- Activists / benefit the local environment of good​
- Volunteering and Charitable [**That's what MEandYou are in]​
[...]​
Awards​
Support is given to three projects in each category, 12 in total. Whoever gets the most votes in each category will each NOK 25 000 for its intended purpose. 2nd place gets 15 000 each and 3rd place receives 10 000.​

Phew! Just the people in our category to beat, then.

Thats great! Do we get a bonus prize for having more votes than all the categories combined?