• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote just once, from anywhere, for Invest in ME to win £2,000

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Gak - bit of a surge from the competition and we're back in second, by nine votes: it's 851 vs 842.

We need more people!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Although we're lagging, that's an impressive shedload of votes we've got, considering that you can only vote once from the same house, basically. In the days of voting for WPI in the Chase contest, weren't we only getting something like 1,000/day? And that was the whole community all excited about WPI. So we're not far off that, for a contest that is much smaller and hasn't yet had much publicity, for a charity that probably isn't as well-known internationally. And it's still very early days.

I find this encouraging!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We're just 30 votes behind first place - our 969 to their 999.

So if you haven't voted yet, please do it now! Quick and easy.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We're only 7 votes behind now! Their 1,066 to our 1,059.

It's within reach! Please vote now if you haven't already - the link is in my signature. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Still in first! Our 1,228 to their 1,172 - that is, 56 votes ahead.

Not voted yet? Got any more friends/family who would vote?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can't believe the Weimaraners are (were?) in third place yesterday - I mean I love the breed - my pic - but how'd they get over 500 votes?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Can't believe the Weimaraners are (were?) in third place yesterday - I mean I love the breed - my pic - but how'd they get over 500 votes?

They're listed as having 380 votes today and are in 6th place. Do you think they've had some votes disqualified?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Don't know but they had over 500 yesterday?? I only noticed the number as I had the breed for many years before I got ill.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We're in first and have pulled further ahead - our 1,306 to second place's 1,200 so we're 106 in front at the moment.

That can all change, though, so we need to pile on the votes! If you haven't voted yet, please do (follow the link in my signature).

Given that this is a single-vote exercise, I think it will be interesting to see how many votes we get in total. We don't have a very good idea of the size of our voting community at this point in time. It's my hope that it's still building!

PhoenixDown

Invest in ME said:
Invest in ME are an independent UK charity campaigning for bio-medical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.), as defined by WHO-ICD-10-G93.3. ME is a multi-systemic neurological illness estimated to affect between 150,000 and 250,000 people in the U.K
Well not really, because those 250,000 are not defined by a neurological illness criteria, they are defined by idiopathic fatigue lasting at least 4-6 months, without PEM being mandatory or inclusive (Even if one uses the 1994 Fukuda Criteria), without tilt table tests, without fMRI's, without spinal taps, and without comprehensive immune assays.

snowathlete

We're in first and have pulled further ahead - our 1,306 to second place's 1,200 so we're 106 in front at the moment.

That can all change, though, so we need to pile on the votes! If you haven't voted yet, please do (follow the link in my signature).

Given that this is a single-vote exercise, I think it will be interesting to see how many votes we get in total. We don't have a very good idea of the size of our voting community at this point in time. It's my hope that it's still building!

I am worried about third place, because over the last couple of days they have got lots more votes than us, so we really need to push hard if we want to stay in first place. If we dont then we will likely be in second place tomorrow or the next day, and we dont want that to happen, so make sure you facebook it, send out emails to friends and family etc. It makes a big difference and its a one-off vote rather than daily so i think people will do it for us if we ask them too.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
Here is an image you can use on Facebook, Twitter, in your emails to help you promote the contest in an eyecatching way - please remember to include the voting link too.

You can share it directly from Facebook, with the voting instructions attached from here:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...99014477.47584.223472531087571&type=1&theater
or retweet from here: https://twitter.com/meawarenesspics

BigBreakInvestinMEVOTE.jpg

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Delighted to say we're still in first place - I was a bit scared I'd wake up this morning and we'd have slipped! The top three have 1,335, 1,237 and 1,128 votes, respectively.

So we're not safe but we're doing well for now - but at any time we could get overtaken! The contest runs for another two weeks so if you haven't voted, or have friends who haven't voted, please get them to do it now. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Really happy to say that we've pulled even further ahead: We're 1,383; 2nd is 1,246; and the Chelsea thing is 1,214.

So we're leading by 137. :balloons:

We've got to maintain it, though - we're not safe, by any means, and there are two more votes to go.

If you haven't voted, please vote now and tell your friends!