• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

6 or 7 weeks on Valcyte

vamah

I've sort of lost track of how long I've been on, but it's around 6 or 7 weeks. ;) All in all, I have to say I'm feeling better. Brain fog and OI are still pretty bad. But less fatigue during the day. Fewer muscle aches. Thing is, I'm not sure how much I can attribute to Valcyte because I also started Seroquel for sleep and so my sleep has been much better. I'm going to say it's a combination of the two. I finished the switch from Effexor back to Prozac and I think that's helping as well. I do feel very detatched and out of it on Prozac, but I was at a point where I was so depressed that maybe it was better to flip the switch and not feel anything (emotionally) for a while. Just going to keep on with the Valcye for at least 6 months and hope things continue to improve.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks for updating us - I'm glad you've had some improvement, whatever caused it! :)

Did your doctor give you any indication of when you might start to notice any improvement, with Valcyte? I had thought it wasn't until 4 or 5 months in, or something like that.

vamah

Did your doctor give you any indication of when you might start to notice any improvement, with Valcyte? I had thought it wasn't until 4 or 5 months in, or something like that.

Yes, I thought at least 3 mos. This is why I'm not sure if I'm feeling better because of Valcyte, better sleep, because the weather is finally getting warmer, etc. I think in addition to those, because I had such a bad crash when I started on Valcyte, I'm just finally recovered from that and so I feel like I'm way improved when maybe I'm just back to my baseline. Whatever it is, I'm glad I don't feel like a did just a few weeks ago.

vamah

Just FYI, in case anyone was wondering, suppliments I'm taking in addition to the meds are: B-50, biotin, C, D, Omega-3, Lysine, isocort & PS-100. I should probably take a multi-mineral as well, but I got some and they are too effing big for me to swallow.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I should probably take a multi-mineral as well, but I got some and they are too effing big for me to swallow.

I have the same problem - did you know you can buy a pill crusher/cutter at most pharmacies? They're cheap! You can squash those tablets and mix them with honey or jam or nut butter or something.