• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote just once, from anywhere, for Invest in ME to win £2,000

Bob

Just had this back from the contest organisers:

Hi Sasha, thank you for your message. Anyone can vote for a cause, in the UK or otherwise - the restriction is only on the causes themselves: they must be UK based. Good luck and thanks for your interest

So that's good news! Anyone can vote. I'll edit my message earlier in this thread accordingly. :)

Thanks for finding that out, Sasha. I've amended my opening post as well.

Invest in ME are in second place! :)

They only need about 110 votes to take 1st place!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bob, would you have any objection to the thread being renamed, 'Vote just once, from anywhere, for Invest in ME to win £2,000'?

I think it would be good to get it into the title about the international voting and that it's not daily (argh!) voting.

Edit: I think you must have gone for a lie down or something, Bob! I hope it's OK with you but I'm putting in the request for the name change so that we can catch people before the site quietens down for the weekend. :)

Bob

Bob, would you have any objection to the thread being renamed, 'Vote just once, from anywhere, for Invest in ME to win £2,000'?

I think it would be good to get it into the title about the international voting and that it's not daily (argh!) voting.

Edit: I think you must have gone for a lie down or something, Bob! I hope it's OK with you but I'm putting in the request for the name change so that we can catch people before the site quietens down for the weekend. :)

I see it's been changed now. Thanks Sasha: Anything to get more votes!
If you think I should re-write my opening post, then just give me some alternative text, or throw some suggestions my way.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Invest in ME are still second, and slowly creeping towards a win. 100 votes needed for 1st place.

I reckon we can close that gap with international voting!

I note, in the context of our recent Nature's Bounty experience in the avian department, that we have 477 votes and the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) has 2! Yes, 2! :)

I think these bigger charities haven't even noticed this contest so let's take full advantage!

Vote! :D

Battery Muncher

Voted! Thanks for flagging this up Bob

Invest in ME 2nd with 478 votes. 1st place 575 votes. 3rd 396 votes.

If international forum members vote, winning this is well within our reach!

EDIT: oh, and as mentioned earlier, we're already sitting on £1000 by virtue of being second. So worth voting, if only to stay in position

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've closed the gap a little bit, but not much - we're still in 2nd place with 550 votes and the leader has 636.

We need more votes! Tell your friends! :)

snowathlete

Leaps and bounds! We've closed considerably on first place today - we're now just 49 votes behind.

Anybody not voted yet? It's really quick!
thats fantastic. We have a real chance of coming first if we push. I've already asked my family to vote but have some friends to ask too - so i better get on and do that! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've got an article coming up on it here on PR, which will probably also go on Co-cure. If anyone can promote it elsewhere, great! :)

Actually, someone else just put it out on Co-cure so that's one job we can cross off the list!