• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

U.S. docotors that you reccomend besides Dr.Klimas and Dr. Rey?

Dr. Rey is no longer accepting new patients, so if anybody could help me on the next best, I will do some research and willing to fly almost anywhere in the U.S. Thanks.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
Dr. Rey is no longer accepting new patients, so if anybody could help me on the next best, I will do some research and willing to fly almost anywhere in the U.S. Thanks.
I have not been to them- but have heard good things from patients. Dr. Chia in Torrance Calif and Dr. Peterson in Utah (I believe). I would say Dr. Chia-if I were to pick one.

Let us know.

San Diego #1

valentinelynx

It's been over 2 years since I heard from Dr Peterson's office. I was trying to get an appointment, sent in the stuff requested, talked to secretary about insurance, then nothing. I suppose I should have called to follow up, but just let it slide, like so many things. Is he taking patients for real?

valentinelynx

The Institute for NeuroImmune Medicine (Dr Klimas and Rey's clinic) is still inviting people to call to make appointments on their website. Have they really decided to stop taking patients already? That didn't last long.:aghhh:

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
The Institute for NeuroImmune Medicine (Dr Klimas and Rey's clinic) is still inviting people to call to make appointments on their website. Have they really decided to stop taking patients already? That didn't last long.:aghhh:

Valentine- Well you know when you are "God's Gift" to patients you have to set a quota on your money when you reach a limit.

Sick of ll of them.I am seeing an infectious Disease Dr. now. Did anyone ever see Dr. Bradstreet in Cumming Ga???

San Diego#1

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
Valentine- Well you know when you are "God's Gift" to patients you have to set a quota on your money when you reach a limit.

Sick of ll of them.I am seeing an infectious Disease Dr. now. Did anyone ever see Dr. Bradstreet in Cumming Ga???

San Diego#1
Valentine- You may find out more info on the Health Rising website by Cort Johnson.

San Diego

Andrew

I'm in touch with a patient who stopped seeing Peterson a few months ago because of the disorganization in his office. This included health-critical test results items that were not followed up on for months. She was also unable to get copies of all her records so she could review them herself.

Tristen

It's been over 2 years since I heard from Dr Peterson's office. I was trying to get an appointment, sent in the stuff requested, talked to secretary about insurance, then nothing. I suppose I should have called to follow up, but just let it slide, like so many things. Is he taking patients for real?

It took me 2 years to get in, but then it was well worth it. I would think they would have told you if not taking new patients...they wouldn't have sent you a new patient packet. Follow up with nursing to check on your place in line is a good idea.

acer2000

I called to make an appt with dr rey or dr klimas recently and was also told they aren't taking new patients. They didn't seem to have set up a wait list or cancellation list either which is odd.

Dr Laurie Marti MD is in Kirkland WA.

http://www.lauriemartimd.com/

xchocoholic

An integrative doctor in your area. Look for one with a good reputation and willing to run the right tests. Mine was recommended by some well educated folks at a local Health Food store. She ran most of the important tests on me within the first 6 months after I met her.

TC ... x

Daffodil

Dr. Peterson chooses the patients he wants to see....so if you haven't heard from the office, it could mean that he decided that you are not a good fit. I think one of the criteria is that you have to have low NK cell function.

I was also not accepted as a patient. I wasted a lot of money sending in my records by registered mail twice, because someone at the office misplaced them the first time.

Jarod

When choosing a CFS doc, it kind of helps to know what infections you are trying to treat I think. A good doc that can test for everything up front may give you good direction to start. However, after testing you may have to find another doc to treat whatever has been found.

Also important to know what you are comfortable with when it comes to treatment. For instance, some Docs are really good at prescribing anti-virals, and other people use antibiotics, others use herbs. Some use methylation or chealtion. Some docs are pretty strict in what they want you to do, and others are more willing to experiment and work with you on what you want to try. It is all not totally figured out so there is some risk of getting worse if one gets the wrong type of treatment.

So it depends. :)