• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scared.

Fuzzyhead

I have been having numerous different symptoms and had a brain ct scan last week and my gp rang to tell me there were 3 white shadow/ lesions on it. He referred me to a neurologist and said he might do bloods for antibodies and possibly a lumbar puncture.
I am getting numerous symptoms and feel like I am getting worse.
I had a bad stomach right across the bottom that felt like period pains and then at 3 am I had to go to the toilet and I know it's tmi but it was like sludge. The bottom of my back is in agony and hurts when I bend/sit and get up etc and it's radiating into my left leg.
I am petrified I have ms.

Esther12

Really sorry to hear about your troubles.

I hope that things turn out okay for you. Ummm... would like to give advice that would help you, but I'm not sure what. Hopefully you're being extra nice to yourself at the moment.

Zensational

I hear that you are scared and I certainly understand the fear. I can tell you what helps me when I get into fear is to be very proactive and not give my power away to the medical community to fix me because they are not likely to do so. Since you are still waiting for a diagnosis, my best thinking is to tell you to detox yourself as much as you can, taking into consideration your physical state. You can juice, and take homeopathic detoxers.
I am on a detox protocol right now for Fluoride which is in our drinking water in the US, toothpaste and other products and foods.
Flouride can be very toxic and cause a lot of health problems. Check out this video on Fluoride. Pretty scary stuff but we can detox from it. Fluoride
http://mymstreatment.blogspot.com/2010/12/fluoride-and-poisoning-another-lie.html

My protocol is to take Blue Ice Fermented Skate Liver Oil, Boron, MSM, and Detoxified Iodine.
There are many videos about Boron or Borax on the internet and it is supposed to detox Fluoride, Chlorine and Bromide.
Ultimately you have to decide for yourself which route to take. Trust yourself and your own inner guidance.

Jarod

Sorry to hear you are not feeling good right now.

Sounds like you got an honest doctor, which is driving for a diagnosis. My docs didn't even mention lesions on the MRI write-up, and I had to find that out later from another doctor. That seems like a plus that you know what is going on.

Brain lesions do not necessarily mean MS though. I have brain lesions also, but not been diagnosed with MS.

I also have strange pains in my legs at times, but it is not MS. I get pain in my back and legs from time to time from sitting too much in bed, often with a bad pillow set-up. I have thankfully recovered every time.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Xandoff

Michael
I have been having numerous different symptoms and had a brain ct scan last week and my gp rang to tell me there were 3 white shadow/ lesions on it. He referred me to a neurologist and said he might do bloods for antibodies and possibly a lumbar puncture.
I am getting numerous symptoms and feel like I am getting worse.
I had a bad stomach right across the bottom that felt like period pains and then at 3 am I had to go to the toilet and I know it's tmi but it was like sludge. The bottom of my back is in agony and hurts when I bend/sit and get up etc and it's radiating into my left leg.
I am petrified I have ms.

Fuzzyhead...........Please watch the video of Dr. Kenny De Meir Leir on ME and PAIN that I posted in the Blog section today. I understand your fears as I have had them too. I know this pain is from ME and they are just discovering what causes it. I have been in chronic pain for ten years. Don't think you have MS until you get a real diagnosis. They looked for it my sister and never found it. It took them a long time. I think the video might give you some positive perspective.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Fuzzyhead I've been scared so many times with this illness. Thats why we understand. All I can say that each time whatever it was has been checked by conventional docs and dismissed as not important.
Of course you have to go through each referral and test but the great mystery of this illness is just
that - a mystery:(
Each new symptom I get now I accept - if I think it may be something other than ME related I take myself off to see a doc.
The pain you have may be a bacterial infection and you should see a doc ASAP.
As for the white shadows on the MRI scan - many on here will tell you they have the same. They can mean something or nothing.

How to get into a unscared frame of mind is harder - I really hope you can. We are here for you.

Time has taught me acceptance and Zensational is right - do all you can yourself to help your body to fight - acceptance doesn't mean doing nothing.

Fuzzyhead

Thanks everyone.
It wasn't an MRI the lesions were seen on it was a ct scan which makes me doubt ms sometimes because people say they wouldn't show up on a ct scan just an mri.
Also extreme pain doesn't seem to fit ms either so I don't know.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
The lesions and the pain may not be closely related. Gut problems are common in ME and may be due to an overgrowth of the wrong kind of bacteria, or yeast. I have had the kind of pains and excreta you describe. My groin pain was so bad when I was a child that I was rushed to hospital and had my appendix out, but the appendix was not inflamed - my colon was. I had the same kind of stabbing pain this week - made me yell, but didn't last long. In my case it was trapped wind. It's basically 'IBS', previously known as 'spastic colon' and is almost-certainly related to leaky gut, which may be involved in the causation of ME.

Dietary changes and supplements can help sort out the gut. Try cutting down on carbs, cutting out gluten and maybe milk, and taking l-glutamine. Take some pain relief. REST. And please don't worry too much. Some people with ME do have white-matter lesions. Nothing seems to get done about them though, as with our other symptoms and signs.

The illness can be made worse by over-exertion, so rest is crucial.

and you don't have to have a lumbar puncture if you don't want to. It's all YOUR choice.

Misfit Toy

Yes, I have lesions on my brain. I do not have MS. I have so many symptoms however and I understand your fear. I agree about getting to a doctor and I wouldn't do any kind of radical detox. Juicing can make many sick and you sound too unwell for that.

Soup, water, tea possibly and just keeping it simple. Don't overdo it, use a heating pad and take a bath-if you don't mind them. I have written about a super sharp pain in my lower back. I keep being told it's fibromyalgia. That might not be the case for you, but this pain is so weird and it has freaked me out, too!