• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Alex says the food is nicer at the country hospital, and it is very quiet. He has a touch of the flu but it doesn't seem too bad a case. His spirits are good. He hasn't heard from the courier when his Android is coming, but hopes for it early next week.

leela

Oh no, just seeing this now...

Alex, so glad you're being well taken care of and loved up and soon-to-be 'networthy!
We love and miss you, you big wonderful SmartAlex!!

And yes, we *do* want the hospital-gown photo!:p

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
some texting between alex and i today, he mentioned that now he cant get his ipad as they wont deliver it to a hospital?? I said he could get it delivered to me and i would take it out to him but then he said only he can sign for it, what stupid rules?? anyway so i take it that Alex wont be online until he gets home:( I hope him blogging his events in hospital is helping him pass his time.

leela

UNACCEPTABLE!! If they can manage to deliver f****** flowers and balloons to a hospital, they can deliver an ipad!
who has he bought his ipad from? and what service is delivering it? i am so on this one with my full-shrew hat on.
PM me with details if you feel like.

Ema

some texting between alex and i today, he mentioned that now he cant get his ipad as they wont deliver it to a hospital?? I said he could get it delivered to me and i would take it out to him but then he said only he can sign for it, what stupid rules?? anyway so i take it that Alex wont be online until he gets home:( I hope him blogging his events in hospital is helping him pass his time.
Borrow his driver's license for a day or two and sign his name when the courier arrives at your house?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Borrow his driver's license for a day or two and sign his name when the courier arrives at your house?
he doesnt drive unfortunately. i think he has resigned himself to wait until he gets home, i think he has about 2 weeks left, but will talk to him soon and find out more. The current hospital he is at is abit further away from where i live, the first hopsital was just around the corner from where we lived so nice and handy to get things done.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's too bad. :( It is also more difficult to phone him. I was able to get in touch with a friend of a friend who was going to look in on him (I can't imagine it would be fun to be alone that long without internet). But of course that's not the same as all of us.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
UNACCEPTABLE!! If they can manage to deliver f****** flowers and balloons to a hospital, they can deliver an ipad!
who has he bought his ipad from? and what service is delivering it? i am so on this one with my full-shrew hat on.
PM me with details if you feel like.

hospital deliveries get lost/stolen a lot, though this is often when the patient has gone home by the time the delivery arrives. I expect they would be more worried about losing electronic equipment than flowers (and a lot of flower/balloon/gift basket places actually won't deliver to hospitals because too many items have been lost), but I would think with a courier service and hand-to-hand delivery with signature, this could be remedied. Normally hospital deliveries get left at the shipping door with the medical supplies, though, so I am not certain.

leela

yes, willow, this was the point of my tirade. since they are requiring a signature, they could get the courrier to the ward staff, and arrange signing and delivery from there.
Alternatively the company could allow Alex to assign delivery to whomever he wishes, since he bought the fracking thing.

alex3619

I'm Baaaacccckkkkk!

I have a new laptop but only have slow intermittent 3.5G service. This is a country town, where they park patients to recover. I will write short messages for now and just write as many as needed.

Thank you for all the good wishes, I am about to read this thread and had a preview from Heaps when he brought me a printout.

A special thank you goes to WillowJ, Heapsreal and Traskin, and an honourable mention to taniaaust1. I will say more in a bit.

I think Willow should get the PR Sleuth Award for finding me. She got my home number from mutual friends and rang and got my neighbour on my phone. That deserves an award I think. :)

Will say more soon.

alex3619

I just had to reply to this one though I am trying not to reply to them one by one due to my lousy internet connection.

I am a writer. Its a compliment to a writer to not realize their sex. Thank you. It means I am doing something right and reaching my audience.

More to say yet. Stay tuned for more replies.

OMG, am I the only one believing Alex was a girl???

Best wishes Alex, i agree, crutches are terrible. hopefully you'll get the hang of it real soon. This is when a "panic button" wouldcome handy.

alex3619

Darn, my reply is missing, double darn.

Ok, Heapsreal, 8 messages 44 alerts. Emails still unknown. Keeping it brief, I had to reload this page like 20 times.

Tania, I replied to your SMSs. Sorry it didn't work. I don't know why.

I have written a ton of stuff in my notes, updates will be out soon .... or when I get home.

I hope to be home some time after the 12th That's when I get my cast off and into a moonboot.

Darn, my thank you to everone is missing. Thank you, again. I may say more when I get home to my ADSL2+ connection.

alex3619

The big news is I decided to publish my book in stages, each subject to public review and later revision. I hope to put the start out there next year or the one after (doh, hopefully not that long). The intro will be like 200-400 pages. I did mention it will be a big book didn't I ?

I am also embroiled in disability politics in hospital. That will teach them for parking me here!

alex3619

For the ladies, there is a doc here who resembles McDreamy or McSteamy or whoever on Greys Anatomy. Doesn't do anything for me but you might not find it all bad here.

For the guys, one of the nurses looked like Ashley Scott, only taller and more exotically beautiful. Sigh. Lets call here Raven Hair, her pseudonym,

Then there was Sandy Hair. She looks like Rene Zelweiger (spelling, I can't search and post with this connection). She was so darn nice that if I were half my age with twice my health I would have asked her out a hundred times already ( I can sense a hypothetical restraining order here). I will post more when I have a real connection. Sigh. Double sigh.

Esther12

Hey Alex! Hope the recuperation is going well and that the time off from the internet has been a fun break as well as a frustration. Best of luck with the next few weeks.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Alex, I'm happy that you finally have a laptop and at least some internet...YAY! :thumbsup:

And the hospital staff sounds like they're providing some nice distractions for you. :rolleyes:
The scary thing is the food... I'm wondering how you are surviving THAT. :p:p

It's great that we're able to check in with you and hear directly from you now.
Enjoy the flirting and take good care. ~DB