• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New biomarker test for ME/CFS: NADPH measurement at Riordan Clinic

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Adreno so thats 8 tablets just for your Bvits? I don't know that I could do that - have you ever tried a multi?

adreno

PR activist
Adreno so thats 8 tablets just for your Bvits? I don't know that I could do that - have you ever tried a multi?
Oh, I take much more than that. A small glass of supps with every meal. I have no problems with swallowing pills.

Thorne's multis are pretty good, but I still prefer to take everything individually. There's always something I don't want in multis, and other things I want which are not included.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have had the Thorne multi's, 2 different ones but can't tolerate them - thats why I was wondering if the sublingual would be better but.........don't think I could cope with all those tablets.

Is anyone taking a multi Bvits sublingual that they really rate??

adreno

PR activist
I have had the Thorne multi's, 2 different ones but can't tolerate them - thats why I was wondering if the sublingual would be better but.........don't think I could cope with all those tablets.

Is anyone taking a multi Bvits sublingual that they really rate??
I have never seen NAD available in any B complex or multi, sublingual or not. That's the problem - never the form or dose you want.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
The effect of D-Ribose can be subtle. You may not feel any more energetic, but find that you can do more before exhaustion sets in.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I started NAD (today is the 3rd day) and I'm surprised to find that so far I have noticed a significant positive effect. I feel like I have more energy, but since it's early days I'm not deliberately changing my activity level. Want to make sure the effect lasts before I go messing with an energy envelope that works.

More surprisingly, my HR is noticeably changed. My HR upon waking has dropped steadily from 88 bpm to 78 bpm.
At the same time, my HR supine after being up and about for 5-10 mins has locked in at 104 bpm where previously it varied on a daily basis between 100 bpm and 116 bpm.

This could be a data blip, or it may be related to NAD but not lasting, or it may be the effect of Equilibrant (I started that 6 weeks ago at a low dose). Thought it was interesting enough to share, though. :)

I hope to find some later threads on this, having just been directed here by a message from alex3619 in another thread. I too wondered why the reduced forms of NAD and NADP were considered preferable by anyone in light of the fact that exertion with ME leads to acidosis, which surely will involve a surplus of H+ ions looking for things to reduce? But then I get very confused over pH, reduction and oxidation! :confused:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I still find NAD helpful. Then again, I seem to prefer all the B vitamins in their active form. B3 seems very important for balancing methylation.

@adreno, I know this is a very old post, but do you remember what dose of NAD you were taking that you found helpful? Are you still taking it?