• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

contact 4 Dr Klimas private clinic

aquariusgirl

Anyone got a number for KLIMAS private practice? Tried to get in to see Dr Rey.. but was told they are booked up all year. Thanks.

SOC

As far as I know, there is no private practice. Dr Klimas and Dr Rey both work through the Institute of Neuro-immune Medicine at NOVA Southeastern University. I'm not surprised that it's hard to get an appointment; they're swamped. They're training new doctors, but it will take time for them all to get up to speed.

We have got to find a way to get through to someone (who?) that we are desperately short of trained physicians to care for us.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
As far as I know, there is no private practice. Dr Klimas and Dr Rey both work through the Institute of Neuro-immune Medicine at NOVA Southeastern University. I'm not surprised that it's hard to get an appointment; they're swamped. They're training new doctors, but it will take time for them all to get up to speed.

We have got to find a way to get through to someone (who?) that we are desperately short of trained physicians to care for us.
My FAVORITE QUOTE FROM ,MY CFIDS DR IS "I WILL ANSWER THT QUESTION-BUT IT IS GOING TO COST YOU!!!!!!!!!! ALSO SAID-HE IS NOT GOING TO TRAIN OTHER DOCTORS.

SAN DIEGO #1

SOC

My FAVORITE QUOTE FROM ,MY CFIDS DR IS "I WILL ANSWER THT QUESTION-BUT IT IS GOING TO COST YOU!!!!!!!!!! ALSO SAID-HE IS NOT GOING TO TRAIN OTHER DOCTORS.

SAN DIEGO #1

That is really depressing. I have been fortunate enough to see three different ME/CFS docs. Two of the three were training new docs. All three were very dedicated and supportive. I'm sorry to hear that you found one who is not.

I'm not asking for a specific name here, but is the doctor you see one of the big names? That seems like a terrible attitude and one we don't often see among the major players. That's not to say it doesn't happen, of course.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
That is really depressing. I have been fortunate enough to see three different ME/CFS docs. Two of the three were training new docs. All three were very dedicated and supportive. I'm sorry to hear that you found one who is not.

I'm not asking for a specific name here, but is the doctor you see one of the big names? That seems like a terrible attitude and one we don't often see among the major players. That's not to say it doesn't happen, of course.

SOC Contact me on PC-so I can give you more details.

Thanks
San Diego