• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ct scan.

Fuzzyhead

I had a brain ct scan on Friday and my gp rang tonight and said I need to see.a neurologist because my scan showed lesions. I am really worried because I have felt awful since November. My gp said it's not cancer or a stroke. Anyone else had these lesions?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I had a brain ct scan on Friday and my gp rang tonight and said I need to see.a neurologist because my scan showed lesions. I am really worried because I have felt awful since November. My gp said it's not cancer or a stroke. Anyone else had these lesions?

I think most of us have lesions. Just asked my doctor about it and he said that small lesions are common. So while this is not great, you have good company.

Sushi

Ema

I think most of us have lesions. Just asked my doctor about it and he said that small lesions are common. So while this is not great, you have good company.

Sushi
My doctor says they are common too so I would try not to fuss over it.

Fuzzyhead

Do you all mean common in general or people with m.e? I am worried because I have felt different since November with vertigo, headaches, nausea, loose bowels, no appetite, extreme fatigue etc.

adreno

PR activist
Thanks adreno. How will they reduce inflammation?
Not sure what you mean by "they", but there are several compounds that can reduce inflammation in the brain. Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agent. That would be first on my list for most people here.

Fuzzyhead

I meant doctors by they I was thinking there was maybe medication to reduce it if it was?
I will have a look at curcumin.

I meant doctors by they I was thinking there was maybe medication to reduce it if it was?
I will have a look at curcumin.
Omega 3 fish oil should help with inflammation too. Only thing I've tried that touches the otherwise constant headache.

Fuzzyhead

Lol adreno, yes I am fairly new to this forum but unfortunately not to m.e. I know it's a long shot thinking doctors would treat it because I haven't been offered anything apart from anti depressants in the last 12 years. I have had 2 mri's since having m.e that have been clear but I know something's happened the last 4 months because I haven't felt like this ever.

adreno

PR activist
Lol adreno, yes I am fairly new to this forum but unfortunately not to m.e. I know it's a long shot thinking doctors would treat it because I haven't been offered anything apart from anti depressants in the last 12 years. I have had 2 mri's since having m.e that have been clear but I know something's happened the last 4 months because I haven't felt like this ever.
I'm not aware of any approved treatments for brain lesions.

Tristen

Yea, not to worry, most of us PwME do have what some call "lesions". These CT findings should also be used with the differential ruling out other neurological conditions and diseases such as MS.

Curcumin and the EPA's are some of the best natural anti-inflammatories. You can get way into low inflammation diets as well. I get some relief of this inflammation with NSAIDS, but the trade off with GI problems sucks. Seems the right immune modulator/ anti-inflammatory will be one of our best treatments. I'm sure those substances/drugs are already available, we just haven't put it together yet.