• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Temperature Intolerance ideas?

Old Salt

Rowing the boat
Does anyone have a normal afternoon body temp of 98.6? I'm always a degree lower than pre-illness. The doc says that's a non-issue.

Valentijn

Does anyone have a normal afternoon body temp of 98.6? I'm always a degree lower than pre-illness. The doc says that's a non-issue.
I'm about two degrees below that usually (36C and under). Goes up a bit if feeling very feverish, but rarely makes it to "normal".

I am extremely cold intolerance I have to wear 5 layers all winter outside & I am still chilled to the bone. Even now in June where it is 20°c outside I have to wear 4 or 5 layers.

Any breeze on my face or hands sends me shaking & freezing for a few days, but I am NEVER warm, my internal temperature is normal but my skin is both hot & cold, arms & legs cold & the rest hot, then sometimes the other way round.

My forehead & eyelids are warm to the touch but feel freezing & feel like I have frost bite.

It's a dam pain in the butt.

xks201

Cough....can you say thyroid problem? If you are consistently under a degree normal you have a thyroid problem. This can manifest itself itself in various ways that may not show up on blood work. There are many genes for various forms of thyroid resistance that we have not discovered and some that we have. Some people cannot bind t3 in the presence of t4. To learn more about that read the books of Paul robinson and please get a free t3 and thyroid binding globulin test at least. I don't see how you guys can be running such chronically low body temps and not think thyroid. A tsh or t4 test does not tell anything. Sometimes the above tests altogether still don't mean you don't need more thyroid. The fluoride in the water here opposes thyroid hormone rather effectively as well. Many are iodine and selenium deficient as well. The actual daily requirements of iodine are probably significantly higher than the rda.

I should also add that the thyroid problem may be a result of a nutrient deficiency or genetic metabolic defect in nutrient metabolism such as biotin or copper.