• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm looking for recommendations about quality systemic enzymes and multimineral

Hello,

I'm thinking about taking systemic enzymes and multi mineral without iron and cooper. Any recommendations about quality products?

Does the body lower the production of enzymes,minerals,ect after receiving them permanantly from external source?

Forebearance

Hi Rachel,

I don't know the answer to your second question. But I like a supplement called EnzyPerfect. I've been taking it for years as a general enzyme assistant.

Forebearance

invisiblejungle

Hello,

I'm thinking about taking systemic enzymes and multi mineral without iron and cooper. Any recommendations about quality products?

Does the body lower the production of enzymes,minerals,ect after receiving them permanantly from external source?

Thorne makes some good multi-mineral formulas.

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Minerals/Multi_Minerals/prd~M250.jsp

For systemic enzymes, Wobenzym and Vitalzym are considered to be quality products.

Regarding minerals, the body doesn't lower the production of them because our bodies don't produce them. We NEED minerals. I would even go so far as to say that minerals are more important than vitamins, and that mineral deficiency is one of the main reasons for the plethora of modern disease.

As for enzymes, I don't think anybody really knows if exogenous supplementation reduces our body's own production. Personally, I think it's possible, but production should normalize after stopping the supplements.

Hi Rachel,

I don't know the answer to your second question. But I like a supplement called EnzyPerfect. I've been taking it for years as a general enzyme assistant.

Forebearance

I think it's digestive enzymes and I'm looking for systemic enzymes.

Thorne makes some good multi-mineral formulas.

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Minerals/Multi_Minerals/prd~M250.jsp

For systemic enzymes, Wobenzym and Vitalzym are considered to be quality products.

Regarding minerals, the body doesn't lower the production of them because our bodies don't produce them. We NEED minerals. I would even go so far as to say that minerals are more important than vitamins, and that mineral deficiency is one of the main reasons for the plethora of modern disease.

As for enzymes, I don't think anybody really knows if exogenous supplementation reduces our body's own production. Personally, I think it's possible, but production should normalize after stopping the supplements.

As for body's production, if you meant it as a general body process so it's not always like you mentioned; For example, When people support the adrenal and thyroid glands, in a conventional way, with cortizone for adrenals and thyroid or another substitute to replace the glands functions, it can replace the body's production a long time or forever after stopping the supplements. That's why I ask about enzymes process and I preffer to see research on this subject.

I accept with you about mineral deficiency but think it's just a symptoms of other problems causing the body problems like absorbing correctly nutrients.