• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it safe to empty out contents of a multi-antioxidant capsule and sprinkle it onto food?

golden

As I cantt swallow capsules....

I understand there are reasons for leaving contents in capsules with time release vitamins or robotics so they reach the gut ...... but just checking its safe to do this with these ingredients...

vitamin A
C
E
B2
Zinc
Selenium
Manganese
Blue green algae
Garlic
Ginger
Green tea
NAC N-Acetylcysteine
Sweet Cherry
Turmeric
Grape Fruit Seed Extract

Thanks!

alice

As I cantt swallow capsules....

I understand there are reasons for leaving contents in capsules with time release vitamins or robotics so they reach the gut ...... but just checking its safe to do this with these ingredients...

vitamin A
C
E
B2
Zinc
Selenium
Manganese
Blue green algae
Garlic
Ginger
Green tea
NAC N-Acetylcysteine
Sweet Cherry
Turmeric
Grape Fruit Seed Extract

Thanks!

Golden, I can't answer your question of safety on sprinkling the capsule on food, but am interested in brand name of this supplement as it seems to have a good selection of anti-oxidants. Thanks.
alice

golden

Golden, I can't answer your question of safety on sprinkling the capsule on food, but am interested in brand name of this supplement as it seems to have a good selection of anti-oxidants. Thanks.
alice

Alice,

Its been recommended to me by Jan De Vries

Its brand name is:

Doctor's Choice Antioxidant

Hope that helps!

:)

Seewell

I checked that out - a good anti ox..I probably dont know anymore than you on this,but would think
as long as you dont expose it to heat it may be ok ?

golden

I checked that out - a good anti ox..I probably dont know anymore than you on this,but would think
as long as you dont expose it to heat it may be ok ?

I think it is good quality. Thanks for your advice. I am frustrated with myself for just not being able to swallow the capsules lol

I hadn't thought of the heat .... I will ring and ask if I can add it to a smoothie and hang on before taking it again.

:)