• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

natasa778

Wishing you a speedy recovery Alex!

(wish you could trade in some of the feeding time for some laptop quality time? ;-)

PhoenixDown

I was wondering where you had gotten to, I thought may be you struggle with Winters but isn't it summer over there? Anyway get well soon.

barbc56

Alex, I just saw this thread. Don't you know that the saying "break a leg" for good luck is for actors and not we patients?;)

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Take it easy. Something like this can take a long time to heal.

We can provide internet entertainment. Jokes, funny stories, pictures or videos. Just ask and you shall receive.

Can someone print out the replies on this thread so Alex can see them?

Thanks to Heaps and Traskin for keeping us updated.

Barb

Kitty knows what you are going through.

broken_leg_kitten.jpg

Get well soon. :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Just spent a couple of hours with Alex, spirits are high and besides his leg he is the best i have seen him and he says he feels good. Maybe that anaesthetic sleep he had has done wonders.
He says hi to everyone and appreciates this thread which i printed out for him to read, plus printed the lipkin pathogen article for abit of light entertainment.

In the next few days??? they look like moving Alex to St vincent hospital in brisbane for his rehab, which could be a good thing as its a private hospital but paid for by the govt health system for Alex's stay, probably a lack of public hospital beds is the reason but hopefully means he has a few more comforts and better food. Although he says that where he is now they are looking after him well.

At the moment he has a window bed looking out at a couple of nice big gum trees. Dam! i forgot to ask him which nurse does the sponge baths, lol.

cheers!!!

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
I sent Alex an email but I guess it will be a while before he checks those. FWIW:

I heard you were hospitalised for a broken leg! That must be horrible.

Part of me was relieved that it was not life threatening or was not ME related in the sense of pathology.

I hope you have the best opportunity for recovery.

As for the other conversation:

Ouch, Alex. Hope you are back to "normal" soon

What's the mean number of limbs?

Hehe! Do not forgot to purposely include all war veterans in your "demographically representative" sample!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
I haven't been here for a while so I just read this thread.

Alex, here some more :hug: HUGS :hug: for you...wishing you a very speedy recovery!