• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

merylg

So... I think I have found my issue. Cocksackie b

All symptoms fit from start to finish.

Recently, my ribs started to hurt and read it was costochondis which is usually triggered by cocksackie b.

Had any one read up on this disease

Everyone should read Hip's interesting site:

http://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/

Interesting you should talk about costochondritis. I just had a cardiac echo done. It took about half an hour, just a resting one. All the pressing on the ribs I found extremely painful.

Recently, my ribs started to hurt and read it was costochondis which is usually triggered by cocksackie b.

That might be very relevant for me ... after my pre-ME virus but before I got PEM symptoms, I had the rib pain + jaw pain and even went to the doctor about it. So maybe Cocksackie B was the virus that hit me shortly before I got ME, and potentially triggered it.

ukxmrv

Cocksackie B was very popular as a possible ME trigger when I first became ill Wyomingscared.

Here's a link to a 1990 paper.

http://pmj.bmj.com/content/66/777/526.full.pdf

"Of 40 patients in our study referred for VPI testing, 20 had positive results."

I was a patient of Prof Mowbray who is mentioned at the end for the immunological testing.

Shoesies

Had any one read up on this disease

OK WHAT??? My ribs have been hurting for at least two years. Where can I read about this symptom. I thought I was the only weirdo in the world with that....been to Dr. many times for this...it HURTS.

So similar than mine, but... unfortunately reading other stories and having passed so many years, I'm resigning to deal with this for long time, trying to reduce the symptoms and forgeting it as much as possible.. Now I just dont know if I can be calm that I'm not going to infect my girlfriend, cause I'm sure I caught it sexually and I dont wanna hurt her (and of course doctors say ''forget it, you are healthy, no worries with your partner, etc").

A lot of interesting articules... But there are any wich talk about people with strange symptoms like us and without diagnosis and with researchers looking for an answer?? We need to focus in our problem, whatever it is we cant start by the end looking any ilness we are negative for.. Sorry, i know everything is helpful but we need to follow a line

Survivor84

A lot of interesting articules... But there are any wich talk about people with strange symptoms like us and without diagnosis and with researchers looking for an answer?? We need to focus in our problem, whatever it is we cant start by the end looking any ilness we are negative for.. Sorry, i know everything is helpful but we need to follow a line

I'm always trying to find articles on research and can never find any except for aids phobia and mystery illness all in the head. Just seems like nobody in the medical field is putting 2+2 together. To everybody, has anybody come across a doctor that has taken them seriously when you told them its from a sexual exposure and you have talked to many suffering? Has anybody's doctor taken notice of this?

Survivor84

Can anybody please answer that ques, I want to if anybody has come across one doctor or someone in the medical field that believes them? Anybody who has tried to help them? All it takes is one person in the medical field that cares to make a difference.

Overstressed

Not quite sure what I was supposed to get out of that article except I'd say Agatha is one lucky lady, if only we could all be like that.

This is not new, I had read something similar in a scientific magazine. Not much is known yet, but it seems that prostitutes that are in constant hostile environment, don't catch HIV. Or stated differently, have built an immune system that seems to keep HIV out.

But, as soon as they move out the hostile environment, and lead a normal life, they become sensitive to HIV, as most other people.

Epigenetics at play?

Best wishes,
OS.