• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

Shoesies

Wait a minute... so are you saying that there are people who can develop AIDS being hiv-? I know there are some rare cases when some people have some disfunction and can be inmunosupressed, but its not named AIDS (wich is not important at this point), but is known, or at least in literature, that is imposible develop AIDS being hiv-

urraco. It is my understanding from several clinical papers I have read on the web that there are aquired immune deficiencies that are not HIV positive. I cannot remember where the multiple clinical papers are found, but if you google you might find them.

Survivor84

http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/mycology/1995-August/002600.html

http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/scottforsgren/mycoplasma.htm

Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Mycoplasma infection are highly variable and thus it is not uncommon for a diagnosis to be entirely missed. A partial list of symptoms includes chronic fatigue, joint pain, intermittent fevers, headaches, coughing, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, visual disturbances, memory loss, sleep disturbances, skin rashes, joint stiffness, depression, irritability, congestion, night sweats, loss of concentration, muscle spasms, nervousness, anxiety, chest pain, breathing irregularities, balance problems, light sensitivity, hair loss, problems with urination, congestive heart failure, blood pressure abnormalities, lymph node pain, chemical sensitivities, persistent coughing, eye pain, floaters in the eyes, and many others. On Dr. Nicolson's web site at http://www.immed.org, a full list of signs and symptoms and an illness survey form can be found.

Sherezade

http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/mycology/1995-August/002600.html

http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/scottforsgren/mycoplasma.htm

Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Mycoplasma infection are highly variable and thus it is not uncommon for a diagnosis to be entirely missed. A partial list of symptoms includes chronic fatigue, joint pain, intermittent fevers, headaches, coughing, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, visual disturbances, memory loss, sleep disturbances, skin rashes, joint stiffness, depression, irritability, congestion, night sweats, loss of concentration, muscle spasms, nervousness, anxiety, chest pain, breathing irregularities, balance problems, light sensitivity, hair loss, problems with urination, congestive heart failure, blood pressure abnormalities, lymph node pain, chemical sensitivities, persistent coughing, eye pain, floaters in the eyes, and many others. On Dr. Nicolson's web site at http://www.immed.org, a full list of signs and symptoms and an illness survey form can be found.

I have ALL those symptoms, except for floaters in the eyes. Besides, during my illness i had high neutrophils which are indicative of a bacterial infection. Now the neutrophils are back to normal levels but the symptoms remain.

I'm very interested in testing for mycoplasma. Thank you Teedot, very useful information you brought.

Survivor84

Sherezade no problem. So far this seems to be the closest thing that resembles our illness and even the fact that it can be passed sexually. Also there were several people that think they may have acquired something casually, which mycoplasmas can be caught through saliva, perspiration and such. May not be the exact answer, thus far seems the closest to it. From what I have read, it can cause stealth viruses to reactivate as well.

Survivor84

Can anyone please answer this question? For starters how do we know if the root cause of our illness is viral or bacterial for sure?

Sherezade

Can anyone please answer this question? For starters how do we know if the root cause of our illness is viral or bacterial for sure?

Teedot, I guess that you did some blood work when you got sick. Check those values, maybe you can find some answers in there:

NEUTROPHILS and NEUTROPHIL COUNT - this is the main defender of the body against infection and antigens. High levels may indicate an active bacterial infection. High level may show acute stress.

LYMPHOCYTES and LYMPHOCYTE COUNT - Elevated levels may indicate an active viral infections such as measles, rubella, chickenpox, or infectious mononucleosis.

MONOCYTES and MONOCYTE COUNT - Elevated levels are seen in tissue breakdown or chronic infections, carcinomas, leukemia (monocytic) or lymphomas.

EOSINOPHILS and EOSINOPHIL COUNT - Elevated levels may indicate an allergic reactions or parasites.

BASOPHILS and BASOPHIL COUNT - Basophilic activity is not fully understood but it is known to carry histamine, heparin and serotonin. High levels are found in allergic reactions.

Now the awful man that infected me is back to the hospital. I wonder how many infections did i get from him. I've always been very careful and not promiscuous at all. I was extremely healthy before that night. Sorry, but bad people should not exist, he's ruined my life and i can't do nothing.

Sherezade, why you not face this guy? you never thought to report it?
I know we hate when people talk with us saying we need a psichiatric, etc, but I still think this is worsened by our mind and if your experience was traumatic, its more difficult to cure physically. I know some bateria, mycoplasma or virus caused our problems, but now maybe is a kind of metaphysical healing theme, but while our mind is convinced that we are sick is harder to recover. Ask for help if you dont dare to face this guy. I wish you well:)

Survivor84

http://aidsperspective.net/blog/?p=199

Ok came across this article, not sure what to think. Could this be possible? Any thoughts? I highly doubt this would be our case in this day in time, right? If this were possible, how would one test for this or know if they have it? Could it be picked up by standard test?

http://aidsperspective.net/blog/?p=199

Ok came across this article, not sure what to think. Could this be possible? Any thoughts? I highly doubt this would be our case in this day in time, right? If this were possible, how would one test for this or know if they have it? Could it be picked up by standard test?

Most of this is before 2000. If you think you are hiv+ but seronegative beacuse the antibody tests doesnt show any infection?, just prove with PCR. I´m sure will be negative or indetectable.

Survivor84

urraco2012 what iam wondering is how can you know if you carry the gene not the virus? It said women were found to carry proteins or genes, but tested negative. Some of these people who were exposed to HIV+ people ended up carrying the gene, not the virus. This brought up the question as wether than can still transmit? So what I want to know is if I were a gene carrier or protein carrier, how could I test for that? It said it was in biopsied tissue from some of these patients. I am not by any means trying to scare anybody, I just want yo rule out as many possibilities as possible.

urraco2012 what iam wondering is how can you know if you carry the gene not the virus? It said women were found to carry proteins or genes, but tested negative. Some of these people who were exposed to HIV+ people ended up carrying the gene, not the virus. This brought up the question as wether than can still transmit? So what I want to know is if I were a gene carrier or protein carrier, how could I test for that? It said it was in biopsied tissue from some of these patients. I am not by any means trying to scare anybody, I just want yo rule out as many possibilities as possible.

No worries. We have been so scared for so many time that now I believe nothing can scare us more than don´t having any idea of our illness. We have to rule out any possibility while we dont have any diagnosis. And I don´t know how to test for that, but seems so rare that I believe is not a rutine test that you can find in any lab. But again, this seems to be old, check first if there are any information that discredits this today.

Survivor84

Ok it may be ol, but hear me out. I have come across people that have been exposed to hiv+ people, had all the symptoms and still tested negative. Some of these stories are from mid 2000 to 2011. I think that we should see if we can test for genes and proteins, just to rule it out. Ok here is another thing, when Nicolson found the mycoplasma, it had gp 120 protein/gene from hiv, but not the virus, which produced the same symptoms but it was not the virus. People tested hiv negative. Also when his daughter came home they all got sick. Now was she carrying this same mycoplasma incognitus fermentans, and if so does that mean that it can be airborne in some cases, if they all got sick? Joyce Riley as well said she got sick when working with the vets, so if these mycoplasmas have the part of the hiv gene in them, there must be a treatment and or test to find out.
Questions:
1.How does someone test to for the genes/proteins to hiv, especially if they had exposure to someone positive?
2.If this gene is part of the mycoplasma, can it be airborne?

So I am thinking that we should try to rule out genes/proteins, and we should look into testing for mycoplasmas.

This story always puzzeled me, this person below had contact with someone that was in aids stages. Now they say that mycoplasmas can be caught from perspiration. Does it sound like maybe that is what happened to this person?

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q222111.html

sorry to ramble on, but I think maybe these are some options that we should look into, so that if it is not these we can rule them out. Anything is possible!!
Can anyone explain a PCR, 24p antigen, western blot, elisa test? what does each look for? and a viral load test

Can anyone explain a PCR, 24p antigen, western blot, elisa test? what does each look for? and a viral load test

Really? After have reading thousands pages you are asking that;)?hehe. Ok, in short, PCR look for copies of the virus in your blood, 24p is a specific protein of the hiv wich is the antigen that react with the antibodies, western blot is another screening test of antibodies, generally used to confirm a positive elisa, elisa is the most common and known test for hiv, look for antibodies and viral load test is another name for PCR.