• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Public Citizen Acts on CFSAC Problems

jspotila

I am very pleased to tell you that the non-profit Public Citizen has sent a letter to the General Counsel of HHS on my behalf regarding problems with the CFSAC. I contacted Public Citizen regarding the FACA violation I uncovered in the Committee's creation of the High Priority Recommendations list. They agreed that the process violated FACA and the Committee charter, and on February 14th they sent a letter to the General Counsel of HHS asking that he prevent such violations going forward and that he return the High Priority list to the Committee for consideration in public.
I've blogged about the letter here: http://www.occupycfs.com/?p=743
As of today, the High Priority list has been removed from the CFSAC website. This is the only response to the letter so far, but it's a start. I will keep you posted as to any further action/response by HHS.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Thanks so much Jennie for you dedication and hard work to see this through. I had absolutely no idea this was going on and ususally try to stay abreast of CFSAC happenings. Very surprising. I hope that this will again show them that we are deadly serious (pun intended) on expecting our government to act in our best interest.

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
Thanks, Jenny for being so alert and responsive and thanks to the Public Citizen’s Health Research Group for asking resolution.

Jenny, would it help if we "joined" or "contacted" the Public Citizen's Health Research group and sent emails about this?

I guess we will watch this thread and you can let us know if the US government needs more emails....

Karen

jspotila

Jenny, would it help if we "joined" or "contacted" the Public Citizen's Health Research group and sent emails about this?

Karen

No, I don't think emails or other outreach will be helpful right now. Public Citizen expects the HHS General Counsel to respond in some way, and that can take some time. This action is more litigation-like than general activist-like. Public Citizen sent the letter; now we wait for response. There may be an opportunity for action down the line, and I will definitely keep everyone posted on that as the situation evolves.

Thank you, and stay tuned!

*GG*

I am very pleased to tell you that the non-profit Public Citizen has sent a letter to the General Counsel of HHS on my behalf regarding problems with the CFSAC. I contacted Public Citizen regarding the FACA violation I uncovered in the Committee's creation of the High Priority Recommendations list. They agreed that the process violated FACA and the Committee charter, and on February 14th they sent a letter to the General Counsel of HHS asking that he prevent such violations going forward and that he return the High Priority list to the Committee for consideration in public.
I've blogged about the letter here: http://www.occupycfs.com/?p=743
As of today, the High Priority list has been removed from the CFSAC website. This is the only response to the letter so far, but it's a start. I will keep you posted as to any further action/response by HHS.

Thank you Jen,

I like this group apolitical, our country is so screwed by us vs them (Dems vs Repubs), we are all being hurt by this and will probably be hurt even more with our crazy finances!

GG

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well
Success!! Public Citizen received a letter from Dr. Nancy Lee of the CFSAC. The High Priority document will be discussed at the spring 2013 meeting of the CFSAC, which means the public will have an opportunity to comment. I've posted the letter and other information on my blog: http://www.occupycfs.com/2013/03/01/swift-response/
Well done, Jenny - that's excellent news. Thanks for getting this done.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well
Success!! Public Citizen received a letter from Dr. Nancy Lee of the CFSAC. The High Priority document will be discussed at the spring 2013 meeting of the CFSAC, which means the public will have an opportunity to comment. I've posted the letter and other information on my blog: http://www.occupycfs.com/2013/03/01/swift-response/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well