• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Open weeping sores around base of tail bone & mouth

Seewell

Hi.Im looking for some advice on this,it happened about six years into my illness.(Edit:i have had this illness for over 14 years now.)
First of all i had broken open skin around my mouth(below both sides of my bottom lip)and chin.
These were weeping constantly with a yellow looking fluid (nice:eek:).This lasted for about 3 weeks,and would not heal.
At the end of those 3 weeks the same thing started to happen around the area of the base of my tail bone.These were not cracks(as around my mouth)but weeping sores.This lasted for about 3 days,
i could not sleep it hurt so much.
Around the same time i was playing with my cat and she got me !,i had a small cut with blood,but then i noticed i could see the same yellow fluid weeping with the blood(a very small amount)..

There was so much of this fluid (around mouth) i was able collect some in small bottle.Which i took with me to see my doctor.She told me it was a skin infection,and gave me some cream.
Did no tests on the fluid.

====================================================================
I stoped searching for years as to what is causing my illness.Done all the tests...I used to spend
every waking hour that i could trying find out more about this illness and my body.I learnt
alot along the way.But i tried so many things and felt so let down that i decided to just accept it.
But finding this forum has inspired me to go searching again:).
=====================================================================

If anyone has an idea what the above could have been.I would really appreciate your thoughts.
(sorry if i dont reply in length)

Seewell

thanks for the reply CUN - i didnt want to say before hand - but thats what i thought it was too.I have had so many tests. But i have not had a biopsy test.

biopsy is best because then you know positively what and where it is, but you can test blood as well. are they constant/recurring or eliminated and if so how long before they were gone

Kati

Patient in training
Swabbing the serum oozing out would be the best and easiest way to determine if it's herpetic.

The tailbone area is problematic because it does not "breathe well" and is subject to pressure from sitting and lay in bed. If you are bedridden, do make sure that you are turning or being turned at least every 2hours and ensure it doessn't get infected.

The best you can do is to et a Md or RN to take a look at it.

Seewell

All this happened about 8 years ago,6 years after getting this illness,ive had it around 14 years now.I took a sample to my doctor
and told here i thought it could be herpes,but she just brushed it off and said it was a skin infection.
I have had blood tests for herpes (among others) all were negative.

Thanks Kati,Cun

did it happen after you kissed someone/ shared glasses or food? or you're saying it appeared randomly 6 years after being diagnosed with CFS?

Doctors are useless- they never test or ask to test for things like these. Normal people don't get a "skin infection" that lasts more than a few days. Insane. They're also frequently uninformed or poorly informed about this virus, transmittance in particular.

I test negative by blood but my gf tested positive and we both get cuts on the mouth, although mine were less so and have gone away but I still have chronic sore throat and a gross-feeling inside of my mouth and I get bad breath just an hour or two after brushing vigorously. I sincerely think this is some kind of cover-up, with doctors just absolutely disregarding the fact that this virus exists and is probably running rampant. I am almost positive it is the entire cause of my debilitating CFS

did it happen after you kissed someone/ shared glasses or food? or you're saying it appeared randomly 6 years after being diagnosed with CFS?

Doctors are useless- they never test or ask to test for things like these. Normal people don't get a "skin infection" that lasts more than a few days. Insane. They're also frequently uninformed or poorly informed about this virus, transmittance in particular.

I test negative by blood but my gf tested positive and we both get cuts on the mouth, although mine were less so and have gone away but I still have chronic sore throat and a gross-feeling inside of my mouth and I get bad breath just an hour or two after brushing vigorously. I sincerely think this is some kind of cover-up, with doctors just absolutely disregarding the fact that this virus exists and is probably running rampant. I am almost positive it is the entire cause of my debilitating CFS

ukxmrv

Have you had a test for toxoplasmosis? Did search a while back on symptoms and there were some skin ones listed.

Seewell

Hi Cun,and thanks:)No i never kissed anyone before hand,this appeared after having this illness for 6 years.
Ive had many different symptoms develop throughout these 14 ME years.It has happened again(many times) around mymouth,but not my spine..
I have a feeling that this was a good thing,and it was my body trying to eliminate whatever virus or toxin inside me.
Like you said with your throat, its like a big flashing sign when these problems are happening.
Herpes not sure ?..I have gone down the alternative road and take no medication.But use Herbal Remedies,plus supplements etc.
"DOCTORS" - its so upsetting that many do still not believe in this illness !
Im not so sure its a cover up(but maybe) but more they dont understand.It would be nice to think
that new doctors coming through are taught about how severe this illness can be.
There could be a cover up on a higher level.
I did have a homeopathic muscle test once and had a big HHV reaction.I can not remember now but think it was hhv6..
I do know that after using homeopathic remedies - they do work. But im still here will this bloody illness so i dont know:(
i have also thrown many herbal antivirals at this:alien:

Im looking to maybe have some tests done independent of my doctor.

Seewell

Have you had a test for toxoplasmosis? Did search a while back on symptoms and there were some skin ones listed.

Im not sure on that one.Did all my tests a while ago now.but i will try to find out thanks.
Ive heard of that before with cats.But can it be a big part of ME..

Seewell

When i wrote these symptoms down i felt sure some one would have had the same problems as above.

No one ?:whistle:

You mean im a freak even among people with ME c/f/s :cry:

peggy-sue

My OH gets impetigo, which sounds very much like this too. He gets it when he's run down and stressed. Skin infections do seem to flare, in general, when folk aren't at their best.

My OH gets prescription antibiotic cream for it, which works eventually - but the oozy stuff has never been tested

Seewell

I have to admit i have never heard of impetigo(will have a look) - i have thought for a long time that
it was(is) an indication of something else internal going on.And still do.Ive got some prescription
cream to its called Clotrimazole Hydrocortisone,and it does work.
Thanks Peggy !

peggy-sue

That's an antibiotic and steroid cream you have - and I think that's very similar to what Michael gets for his impetigo.
If he doesn't get cream on it as soon as it starts up, it gets out of hand quite quickly - same as cold-sores do.
Googling, it appears to be most common in children, it appears in all the areas you're describing; there's nothing to stop adults getting it, it is highly contagious.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/impetigo.html

Seewell

Ive just turned on - havnt looked yet,but cheers again :thumbsup:
=======================================================================

update - that was an interesting read peggy,im not sure thats it, but i think its close,
I did a google image search,but the ones i got(get) look more like cracks - following the sides of
the mouth to lower chin.and at its worst this fluid was literally pushing through my skin
around my chin and lower mouth,but not blisters more cracks.
I also did a image search on the HHViruses, but they look more of a blister type too.
It could be stress related..

thanks again :)

I gave herpes to about 15 people before I had any idea I could have it because I showed no "typical" symptoms. Not a single person I gave it to has developed a cold sore- the ONLY person who had a cold sore in this chain of events was the person I got it from sharing drink, and this was weeks after her cold sore had disappeared. Everyone else gets: acne, cracked, dry lips, raw corners of mouth, dry eyes, (plus the million other horrible things associated with this disease but I havent discussed it with a single person bc even my doctors refuse the fact i have herpes)